Finals Week 1 - Non Essendon

Missed top 4 and still hit the jackpot, play the 2 worst teams in the 8 in consecutive weeks.

2 Likes

I’m more fkd that they’re doing this on the regular and we can barely make finals let alone win one… they’ve been more successful this year than we have been for 15 years total

1 Like

They only got this opportunity on the back of the outright cheating on Anzac Day.

1 Like

How do Collingwood cheat? Please enlighten me.

You watched that game right?

Utter crap.

4 Likes

Collingwood are so far better than us it hurts to compare. Essendon needs to compare itself to Carlton to find some self worth. We are a joke. I admire Collingwood. I have zero admiration for Essendon. Just a constant disappointment

1 Like

Really? Lose that game, as they deserved to, and they don’t get the double chance.

That is not the same thing.

That logic is nonsense. Lose that game and the outcome of every game since changes. They probably would have gone on to not have a late season fade away and finished on top. Collingwood deserve to be where they are. We deserve to be where we are.

1 Like

Thought the same.

Oh FFS, you’re going to defend Collingwood?

Yes. I still dont understand how Collingwood cheat.

Incompetent, biased umpiring yes.

But Collingwood aren’t umpiring are they?

1 Like

Can’t even compare us to Carlton anymore, did you see their last 10 games under Teague.

1 Like

Collingwood playees play for their club, something ours don’t. Say whatever want on ed, bucks whoever, they get them believing in playing for their club. We don’t have that

3 Likes

Is that what it is?

Is a tagger holding an opponent all game cheating or sht umpiring? Or both?

How about the AFL just changing the meaning of a week’s suspension to benefit Collingwood’s finals hopes and the media not making a sound?

1 Like

I hate Geelong.

Super talented, always start the season well, but then they always basically give up and go out in straight sets, complaining about all manner of sh/t as they do.

5 Likes

This has nothing to do with ANZAC day, which was the basis of your original assertion.

Of course not, but is more examples of Collingwood operating outside of the normal rules

We all know they didn’t deserve to win Anzac Day. But go on, talk them up as deserving all the spoils. The spoils are a sht load easier to come by when city hall is doing everything they can to help you out.

2 Likes

They also realised that they were a pathetic, mediocre rabble at the end of 2017. They had the self-awareness to realise their situation, and took the appropriate steps to fix it. This involved some hard truths being delivered and hard calls made on certain staff. Richmond undertook a similar thing at the end of 2016.

I’ll be staggered if we undertake something similar. Accountability and Essendon are two words that never go together.