Fletch

We had just shy of 30K on the weekend.

Dreamtime last year we beat the tigers in Dreamtime pretty convincingly IIRC.

We're guaranteed to lose fletchers 400th if it's at the G v Richmond.

Be fitting if it is at the G though, it deserves to be there.

if it’s at Etihad v Brisbane it will be lucky to get over 30k.

No way. The media who hate us are still going to go full retard over Fletch.

No way. The media who hate us are still going to go full retard over Fletch.

Our supporters blow the meat whistle at turning up in numbers at Etihad, won’t matter how much media attention.
I don't see the issue with Fletcher playing his 400th away at the dreamtime game. I think it'd be awesome.

A big occasion deserves a big crowd, and we’d probably get more Essendon fans in away at the G than at home at Etihad.

We always seem to lose those big occasion games anyway.

True. I was trying to stay positive by omission of that.

I was at his 300th when he broke his leg IIRC

Well, damn, Collingwood beat us overall at Docklands. How embarrassment. We lead for home games though, which is what we’re discussing here.

Hilariously, Hawthorn are only ahead of Melbourne when it comes to home games there.

Source: http://afltables.com/afl/crowds/vn_docklands.html

Lowest Crowds at Docklands. Melb, North, Dogs and Saints. No surprises there. No Essendon games in that mix.
Interesting to see Ess v Cats or Hawks pulling in huge numbers. You’d think this would be a G match. There has to be contracts with Dockland Stadium to have those big pulling matches scheduled there each year.

Two things on the weekend reminded me (not that I needed it) why I love the Fletch.

The smother in the goal square and early in the second half he just took the ball of a Saints player. I was in stitches laughing at how awesome that was. A bloke basically 40 years young is still killing it.

They mentioned this on the telecast. Fletch had played 75 AFL games before The Langford was born (1 Dec 1996).
That’s awesome.

We currently have 13 players on the list who have never lived in a world that didn’t include Dustin Fletcher playing for EFC. That is a scary proposition.

What is most dazzling is that we aren’t ‘nursing’ him to 400 games just for records, he is still playing top shelf football. In a great sign for our club guys like Hooker and Hurley have taken over his mantle, but Fletch still has his speed, smarts and determination. He could have easily given up on that chase of a midfielder half his age, but you knew he never would…

Easily a Legend of the AFL.

Happy Birthday, Fletch. :slight_smile:

Silverback

Happy bday fletch!!

Happy birthday dustbin. you sir are a ■■■■■■■ legend.

Fletch playing 75 games before THE Langford was even born is remarkable.

Will only be a few years apart from father/son!

Played Brisbane in his 300th and got flogged true Knights style. Whoever it’s against, we’re fkd.

They mentioned this on the telecast. Fletch had played 75 AFL games before The Langford was born (1 Dec 1996). That's awesome.

That is unbelievable.

Apparently not booked on the flight to Perth, as expected, so looks like it will be Richmond at the G for Dreamtime.

Played Brisbane in his 300th and got flogged true Knights style. Whoever it’s against, we’re fkd.

You forgot to mention he broke his own leg!

You know what sticks in my mind and what peice of play il always remember? When he chased down garlett