Forgotten Footy Folklore

How about the old one from early 80's about Ricky Barham from the Pies & Michael Turner from the Cats having their way with a woman who had her head stuck in a car door window?

The story was that they were in the car together with the passenger window down & she was leaning in from outside & they deliberately closed the window, so that her head was stuck inside the car, while she was still standing. They then jumped out of the car & did the business while she was helplessly stuck.

Heard that in mid-80s in the EFCSC from a couple of senior police officers.

Lay off Jennifer… anyone who barracks for the Bombers and is a Doctor Who fan is good by me.

How about the old one from early 80's about Ricky Barham from the Pies & Michael Turner from the Cats having their way with a woman who had her head stuck in a car door window?

The story was that they were in the car together with the passenger window down & she was leaning in from outside & they deliberately closed the window, so that her head was stuck inside the car, while she was still standing. They then jumped out of the car & did the business while she was helplessly stuck.

Heard that in mid-80s in the EFCSC from a couple of senior police officers.

My FFF version of it would include her offering to take both of them back to her house.

Which is the reason rape charges could not be laid.

Basically while they were in the car park leaving a sportsmen's night, she came out and was suggesting a little bit of two on one action.

My hearing of the incident includes one player (though not necessarily Ricky Barham) sliding up the electronic windows on the LTD, and Turner jumping out the driver's door, coming around to the passenger side and saying "why wait til we get to your place, let's just finish this here?"

Mick McGuane tells a story at sportsmen's nights of how he and Tony Woods were going to pretend to rob James Manson to give him a scare.

They waited at the house Manson shared with one of the other Collingwood players, and put on motor bike helmets and leather gear and picked up a knife and a baseball bat.

As Manson came in to his bedroom they were going to yell and threaten him, and generally give him a bit of a fright.

Problem was, Manson wasn't alone.

He'd picked up some Collingwood groupie for the night and was taking her back to his place.

McGuane was already in the bedroom, and Woods who was keeping lookout ran in to tell him Manson had picked up.

By the time one could hear the other through the motor bike helmets Manson had the key in the lock, opened the door and gone straight to the bedroom.

So now there's two Collingwood footballers trying to find a place to hide, and another Collingwood footballer and a slag trying to find a bed.

Manson had a standing cupboard which had no top to it, so the two of them stood in the cupboard, with the heads sticking out, making it look like the motor bike helmets were on the top of the cupboard. Only problem is, to avoid falling out of the cupboard they have to hang on to each other.

Manson and the Collingwood groupie get the business under way.

Clothes come off,  Positions are changed, first this way, then that way. now you roll over, that sort of thing.

This ended up taking more than the length of time McGuane was accustomed to this sort of activity taking.

All the while two blokes are in the cupboard in leather gear with motor bike helmets on, watching every move, holding each other from falling out of the cupboard.

Mick starts getting worried that this is all going less well than he had planned. Worse, he starts remembering that Tony Woods plays piano and dances. Woodsy is in his first year at the club and no-one really knows him all that well. Is Woodsy enjoying this? Getting all sweaty hanging on to a bloke dressed in leather watching someone else on the job. He might be. 

Eventually McGuane has had enough.

He falls out of the cupboard, rips the helmet off and throws it on the ground.

"For farks sake Charlie finish the farking job will you?"

Manson and the strumpet are taken by surprise. "Mick, what the fark are you doing here?" He asks, both of them covering up.

"You ruined a perfect farking practical joke" Mick explains.

Then Tony Woods falls out of the cupboard as well.

"Jeebus, how many of you are there in the cupboard?" asks Charlie

At the point the girl figures this is something Collingwood players do (she may be right).

"You pervert", she accuses Manson, "you're getting all your mates to watch us".

At this point, finding her clothes strewn across the floor, in the moonlit room, she takes her leave.

"Hang on" says Charlie "I didn't know they were in the cupboard"

"Oh Bulltish" says the creature, "this happened the last time I rooted one of you Collingwood blokes" and leaves.

To this day, after much investigation no-one has found out who the other Collingwood player might be.

Please remember, these are footy folklore.

I, personally, cannot verify any of this.

(Well, apart from the first one which my dad features in, I can verify that)

The story goes that Matthew Primus got drafted by Fitzroy with the 2nd pick in the National Draft, having developed late, as some big men seem to, and played some senior footy at Norwood.

Late in the season the Lions were up against the Crows in Adelaide, and the impressionable youngster was paired up with Simon Atkins as his room mate at the hotel.

Atkins was pleased to be catching up with his twin brother Paul, a former Sydney Swan who was now playing in the SANFL.

The Lions played the Crows and were resoundingly thrashed and the boys went out on the town to drown some sorrows, Martin Pike leading the charge, being a local boy with a reputation for knowing which pubs to go to in Adelaide for a good time.

At some point the Atkins brothers disappeared and eventually the young, impressionable, Primus made his way back to the hotel room, with chaperone Pikey.

He opened his door to find one Atkins brother balls deep in the other one. Being identical twins made it nigh on impossible in the moment to determine which was actually up the other, but at that point our boy Matty wasn't fussed, his upbringing told him this was wrong on a number of levels.

The rumour also continues that Martin Pike, who had been with Primus immediately before, was still in the hallway and heard Primus' shriek of (let's call it) surprise. He called out to ask if everything was all right. Matty was speechless. In the words of Marsellus Wallce in the movie that came out a couple of years before, Pulp Fiction,  "No man, I'm pretty farkin far from OK".

I heard a similar rumor about former Bulldogs defender Danny Southern.

In 1984 (or 1985) in the Footscray team photo Mivhael McLean has a smirk on his face. Just behind him sits Robert Groenewegen and nothing looks too unusual unless you know the full story. The official photo has been touched up but back in the day the original was in the Footscray Advertiser, which was my local paper back then. Groenewegen’s trouser snake had escaped from captivity and had slithered out of his shorts and down his thigh. Hence the smirk on McLeans face.

Brownlow Medalist Gary Dempsey was the guest speaker at an Essendon Grammar Old Boys function back in the mid 80s. It was around the time he retired, which I looked up was 1984. 
Either way the room was filled with blokes, and one long legged middle aged blonde who was obviously taking a shine to the guest speaker.
Turns out the blonde was a former student of the all boys school who had 'her' own fun getting blokes with too many drinks in them out to the car park and giving them a bit of a surprise. She called 'herself' Karen, but I believe 'she' had gone through the school as Ken. And whilst some of the hormones had kicked in for a sex change operation, giving her fairly impressive mammaries the final cut had not yet been performed down stairs.
This 'game' happened again on this particular night, and the two of them disappeared into a car in the car park while 80 blokes clamored for a better look out the floor to ceiling windows. After 5 minutes there was an almighty scream from the car park and 80 blokes collectively ■■■■■■ themselves. However, it then took some time for the two of them to return, as we were expecting. About 15 minutes later they both removed themselves from the Datsun 260Z and sheepishly walked back upstairs. Dempsey explained to a small group later that what he found under the long evening gown scared the crap out of him, but he was all set to go, so there was no point backing down at that point. So he settled for a ■■■■■■■ and "tried to put it out of his mind".

Fun fact from afterwards. Dempsey was out to dinner with a few other North people and one of them had been at the night. This was a big night, everyone was in the company of their wives. The bloke from the school told the story of how this big name footballer had been to the Old Boys night and got a blow job off a trannie. When David Robb's fiance kicked him under the table he complained "I never said it was Gary, did I?" loud enough for the wife to hear.

Footy Folklore? Maybe.

Would forgotten footy folklore be something like the 2nd siren after the game so you could have a kick on the ground?

I miss that.

No, seems like sex, incest, rape and general misogyny are a prerequisite. 

Brownlow Medalist Gary Dempsey was the guest speaker at an Essendon Grammar Old Boys function back in the mid 80s. It was around the time he retired, which I looked up was 1984. 
Either way the room was filled with blokes, and one long legged middle aged blonde who was obviously taking a shine to the guest speaker.
Turns out the blonde was a former student of the all boys school who had 'her' own fun getting blokes with too many drinks in them out to the car park and giving them a bit of a surprise. She called 'herself' Karen, but I believe 'she' had gone through the school as Ken. And whilst some of the hormones had kicked in for a sex change operation, giving her fairly impressive mammaries the final cut had not yet been performed down stairs.
This 'game' happened again on this particular night, and the two of them disappeared into a car in the car park while 80 blokes clamored for a better look out the floor to ceiling windows. After 5 minutes there was an almighty scream from the car park and 80 blokes collectively ■■■■■■ themselves. However, it then took some time for the two of them to return, as we were expecting. About 15 minutes later they both removed themselves from the Datsun 260Z and sheepishly walked back upstairs. Dempsey explained to a small group later that what he found under the long evening gown scared the crap out of him, but he was all set to go, so there was no point backing down at that point. So he settled for a ■■■■■■■ and "tried to put it out of his mind".

Fun fact from afterwards. Dempsey was out to dinner with a few other North people and one of them had been at the night. This was a big night, everyone was in the company of their wives. The bloke from the school told the story of how this big name footballer had been to the Old Boys night and got a blow job off a trannie. When David Robb's fiance kicked him under the table he complained "I never said it was Gary, did I?" loud enough for the wife to hear.

Footy Folklore? Maybe.

Pfft, who hasn't done that… 

Would forgotten footy folklore be something like the 2nd siren after the game so you could have a kick on the ground?
I miss that.

Incest? Has someone already mentioned the Clokes in this thread? FFF was that one of them actually got pregnant.

I grew up with Ian Fairley and he was a rabid Essendon supporter who idolised Paul Van der Haar, even as far as trying to emulate his lifestyle as a teenager. Anyway in mid 1984 we had a cricket club AGM and as Floss was playing the next day I organised for him to give me a lift home. All night everyone tried to get him to have a beer but he kept resisting, reminding everyone that he was playing the next day, albeit in the twos, but Barry Cable would not be too impressed with any player drinking the night before a game. Eventually someone got a beer into him and this was followed by many more. At the end of the night he drove me home via the back roads hitting every kerb imaginable and even collided with the front fence when he dropped me home. When I got inside dad asked who dropped me off cos he seemed like a ■■■■■ driver. How he managed to navigate home after that I don’t know.

Next day Essendon was playing North at Arden Street and as was usual dad and I got there early to was the seconds game. When both teams lined up I looked at Floss at full forward for North and remarked to dad that he should have seen him the night before. His response was that he didn’t need to see him, he heard his driving efforts.

As usual I was marking the goals and behinds in the record and by the end of the game there were 10 goals against I.Fairley. Obviously a night on the turps was exactly what he needed.

Not to be a negative nelly… but while Fairley did indeed hit his scoring peak against us in round 10 of 1984, he only kicked three goals and two points — and we won by two points!

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/1984/051219840602.html

He kicked four against us in 1983, and in the 1984 final.

I miss that.

good old fashioned values

Not to be a negative nelly… but while Fairley did indeed hit his scoring peak against us in round 10 of 1984, he only kicked three goals and two points — and we won by two points!
http://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/1984/051219840602.html

When I think back it would have been 1983 because he was driving his old beat up wagon which he drove before he bought a new yellow Ford with the signing on money from North (where North got that wad of cash from I will never know).

I miss that.

It's more the stories/anecdotes/half truths/rumours that should be handed down from generation to generation, and appear to be slipping through the cracks.

Such as Tony Elshaug getting a root in the grandstand while training was taking place.

This would be early 1984 when he'd just joined the club.

I've heard from a very reliable source that the a few of the Freo boys from around the turn of the century would honour temporary lady friends by leaving turd on their bed.

I miss that.

good old fashioned values

We are talking about footballers.

This tale has become known, simply as The Akermanis Story and has been told and re-told at various Blitz gatherings.

A real estate agent was meeting a Footscray identity, who was recently mentioned in these pages, at a cafe in Ascot Vale.

They were in the company who people who are loosely described as "colourful local identities".

The other way to describe them is they had actors portraying them in the TV Series Underbelly.

Between them they were discussing the local market, where they thought prices were going, and what areas would be best for investment in the future.

Having seen the Footscray clubman at the table, Jason Akermanis and a few younger players pushed a table together and joined the conversation.

"What are we talking about?" asked the inquisitive former Lion.

"Real Estate" came the answer.

Aker then launched in a diatribe about real estate and the prices in North West Melbourne. He then went on to complain about the safety of his family in the supposedly secure Aberfeldie.

"Did you blokes see Underbelly? Some bloke got shot in his driveway in the next street from where I bought a house".

"I don't want to be livin' in that sort of a neighbourhood, with criminals runnin' around shootin' each other." 

One of the colourful local identities stood up, revealing a pistol tucked into his belt.

"Maybe we don't want people like you livin' near us either. Maybe you should fark off" instructed Minor Underbelly character as he glared at Aker. He and his party then left the cafe.

Apparently much of the rest of the meal was eaten in silence.

When do the Ian "Cervi" tales start?

When do the Ian "Cervi" tales start?

The triple Brownlow medalist?

Where to begin?

Do you know anything more about why he was removed as coach of Carlton?