Former #17 James Stewart

Have they literally never seen Stewart have a set shot before?

7 Likes

Awesome game from this bloke. That body work late resulted in the Begley goal.

4 Likes

Farking pleasing!

1 Like

What a legend. I’m really pleased for him.

Was happy when we signed him and even happier now

6 Likes

16 disposals… 7 marks … 6 hitouts… 4 tackles… 3 goals 2 behinds with 2 goal assists.

Cracking game from the big fellow.

25 Likes

Is this his last year on Contract?
Let’s get another 2 years

Jeebus he’s bulked up over the offseason. Is a farking beast now.

3 Likes

Love him.

Just plays with intensity all game and his marking is getting better & better.

Absolute luxury to have him as a 3rd tall as is always likely to get a mismatch height wise and his follow up at ground level and tackling is immense.

3 Likes

Is so mobile for his size and that is what makes him so valuable.

He is like Orazio if he were 30cm taller.

So skilful for a big guy.

Did a couple of nice thing in the ruck to give Tommy a spell and pantsed Jacobs at one center bounce

3 Likes

Whoa Jimmy Jimmy.

This guy, Begley and Langford are the most important blokes to sign up asap out of our uncontracted players.

6 Likes

does that quite a bit, one player you know will always try and fight through a tackle to get the handball off, and usually does

been on him since we first got him, steal of the last few years, his best could be on par with joe imo, very similar players but on different feet

2 Likes

Has put on size looks like a brute in the forward line.

He’s set him self up for a big year me thinks.

2 Likes

Quickly becoming one of my favourites.

1 Like

Yep Tom Browne said after the game that a contract is in the works

2 Likes

That ■■■■■■ me off immensely when they were talking about his run up and how “he didn’t do that last year” and “how can you work on your run up and get worse”…he has done it every damn time he has taken a set shot you wankers.

10 Likes

With Joey having a down game (still 2 goals and 15 touches from an off night I’d take any time) it was so important both Hooksey and Jimmy delivered, and both did. He’s a match-up headache, so mobile and quick for his size. All I can say is that I’m glad we pulled out all the stops when he was looking to move back to Melbourne and made him feel wanted, unlike the Pies who treated him as an afterthought…

3 Likes