Former #17 James Stewart

Shares more than just a birth date with Joe D.

1 Like

Still on the injury list with no return date. Rotten luck for a bloke who could’ve had plenty of opportunities in the senior side this year.

Anyone know how many weeks he’s now missed in total? It’s definitely gone under the radar.

I hope he can get back soon. Vfl and afl lacking tall fwds

1 Like

Well he did it in the 1st Half of VFL V Frangston round 1, … sooo, all of the round?? :thinking:

1 Like

Is it just me or was OP the buzz word injury of 15 years ago. I knew we were playing catch up but didn’t realise just how far behind we are.

12 Likes

Better at picking up/ treating but more likely to occur given running demands of players now

Sack Quinn!

2 Likes

Cripes. That’s 12 weeks he’s missed then, with more to come!

OP can be caused by a myriad of things.
If he had a niggle and changed his running gait, weak core, hip injury, back injury…
Even worse a completely different driver can cause a reoccurrence of OP than what caused it the first time.

It’s effectively longer than that. He didn’t play in the pre season for reasons that I don’t think were publicised, and then he was built up gradually for the start of the vfl season and managed only the first half against Frankston before spending the second half with ice on his groin. Hasn’t been seen since. It sounds like OP. Similar to Daniher in having a long rest, then build up to see how much you can do without pain, and back off again when you get pain.
If he has not come good with this much rest, it doesn’t sound good. Someone on here said that 90% of OP cases come good with rest and shouldn’t require surgery. It would be very unlucky to have both Daniher and Stewart in the remaining 10%.

3 Likes

That’s just horrible. Horrible!
Ice on your groin, jeeeesh…

Sometimes a “Mans gotta do what a man’s gotta do, …”

(pilgrim)

1 Like

The lack of any real info on Stewart is very poor - it’s a ‘groin’ Issue and we are building him up.

Clearly it’s something closer to OP.

2 Likes

Don’t be so critical. Many, many men have made regrettable life choices that could have been avoided had a quantity of ice been applied to their groin at the critical moment…

god dammit…

the vfl ran with it was definitely op 2 weeks ago on the coverage.
they also said everytime he gets to a good spot and they start upping his workload he breaks down.

don’t know where that info came from, but it’s more than the club has said publically on the issue.

2 Likes

Thanks

And they’ve finally bit the bullet and put him in for surgery

Hopefully now the big fella will be back on track for 2020

4 Likes

Brad crouch had his mid June and hasn’t missed a game this year. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Hopefully that’s an indication that Joes surgery has been successful

3 Likes