Former #17 James Stewart

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/video/2014-09-01/best-of-round-23-stewarts-first-three

Look at those kicks at goal.

!

!!

Quoted for those ‘non believers’ kid looks like he can play.

Watch the vid

Great that we have him. Disgusting to think that’s Gws left overs. Their best 22 is insane.

The one thing I loved about the interview is it looked like he was trying to keep back a smile. I think he is genuinely stoked to be playing for us

I quite like his hair. Has the Hirds about it on top.

not suggesting he has blistering pace, but he is certainly not slow for a 236cm key defender

Thread has delivered many lols.

Thank you Blitzers :slight_smile:

Just on Stewart, I remember seeing him a few times last year, and thought ‘Fark, even their third string forwards are ■■■■■■ handy.’

He looked pretty decent over the random times I saw him, better mark than he has been given credit for in this thread too. Not sure if he has some consistency issues, or if Rory Lobbe is just so goddam good he’d keep anybody out.

I guess we’ll find out, but either way, I’m glad we are giving him a shot. Could forge a very handy partnership with Joe, and if he can pinch hit ruck, he’ll make it difficult for TBell to see much footy as well.

Good trade by us.

http://www.bajiroo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/longest-neck-people-in-world-humor-funny-images-pictures-bajiroo-photo-2.jpg

You’d have to be a tall sheila to cop that one.

No, no!
That’s a stick!

And check out his nails!
Aren’t they just wild??

This pick up could become super important. Was a 2nd round pick and followed closely by Jackets, so clearly highly rated as a junior. 4 years development paid for by another club. Cost us a nothing pick, effectively free.

There’s maybe 40 good to elite regular KPFs in the competition, plus a bunch of 3rd talls and developing players. GWS have 3 at the top end of that list. If this guy ends up as the 25th best KPF, that’s a huge win. Partner with Daniher who should be top 10 and you have a strong combination for next to no investment.

Worst case Hooker goes forward and we pick up a tall in next year’s draft to replace him after 3 years development.

http://www.bajiroo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/longest-neck-people-in-world-humor-funny-images-pictures-bajiroo-photo-2.jpg

No, no!
That’s a stick!

Frankly I prefer the more artistic ■■■■■ gourds . This one might explain the expression “dangly bits”

Is there a selfie stick tailored to these poor humans with giraffeneckatitis?

This pick up could become super important. Was a 2nd round pick and followed closely by Jackets, so clearly highly rated as a junior. 4 years development paid for by another club. Cost us a nothing pick, effectively free.

There’s maybe 40 good to elite regular KPFs in the competition, plus a bunch of 3rd talls and developing players. GWS have 3 at the top end of that list. If this guy ends up as the 25th best KPF, that’s a huge win. Partner with Daniher who should be top 10 and you have a strong combination for next to no investment.

Worst case Hooker goes forward and we pick up a tall in next year’s draft to replace him after 3 years development.

Do people actually believe this? It’s the trade-week equivalent of “we can’t believe he was still available at pick X, we had him rated in the first round/would have taken him earlier”.

And check out his nails!
Aren’t they just wild??

http://newnaildesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/tuesday-april-121360.jpg

No, no!
That’s a stick!

Frankly I prefer the more artistic ■■■■■ gourds . This one might explain the expression “dangly bits”

■■■! I have one almost exactly like that. However the dangly bits got chewed on by some rats down in the cabin though so it doesn’t look as pretty as that one anymore.

I brought it back from PNG when transiting through there coming back from Bougainville in 98. One of my last roles in the Army was involvement in Operation Bel Isi and I was training up DFAT personnel to work with the Army, survive in the wild and assist with the election monitoring. Just quietly the DFAT personnel, for the most part, were freaking useless. The amout of tears and breakdowns I had to deal with from both ladies and gents was eye opening. Soft as melted butter.

They are not comfortable to wear.

So, to sumup this thread…

Who’s James Steward?

If we get him I hope it’s cheaply.

We got a great deal on young Stuart!

Hey, he’s actually got a few tricks about him.

Will be best 22 in no time and forge an all time great duo with Joe.

Necks.

Do people actually believe this? It’s the trade-week equivalent of “we can’t believe he was still available at pick X, we had him rated in the first round/would have taken him earlier”.

Logically there’s a good chance he’s being truthful. Daniher wasn’t a lock for EFC as F/S, so they’d need to monitor the draft pool for alternative tall forwards if Joe went to Sydney. But 4 year old out of date junior recon isn’t the best source of info.

I’d be shocked if we didn’t have someone keeping an eye on the NEAFL games this year. Patton was being targeted, plus GWS was always going to be a source of fringe players looking for trades. Our info here should be pretty solid.

I’d be upset if Dodoro and co weren’t following the progress of young key forwards around the country, drafted or otherwise.

So, to sumup this thread...

Who’s James Steward?

Great Hair

Necks.

Just rounded it off a bit :slight_smile:

Stewart and how he fits in is the most intriguing part of our summer.

Hooker had accepted the challenge to play fwd and actually wants to do it and will kill it IMO. In terms of a pairing with Joe as that big body he works perfectly from FF. But then Joe most likely pinch hits in ruck.

If Stewart comes in he will be doing the pinch hitting in ruck allowing us to have Joe stay in the fwd line permanently. And Hooker likely goes back to defence to dominate.

Although there is then the fact Woosha lovessss a tall fwd line. And with the amazing mobility of JD and Stewart for their height us playing 3 genuine talls would definitely be possible (TBell you couldn’t), especially with JD roaming up the ground.

When Stewart goes into ruck we would still have Hooker & JD as targets, rather than JD one out getting double teamed. And that 3 pronged setup worked the best for us this year around JD, Brown & Jamar there. And would be bettered.

F: TIPPA Hooker Stewart (f/r)
HF: Laverde Daniher Fantasia

Then there is Aaron Francis, if he is fit enough to command a fwd spot Hooker could still go back anyway and be replaced in that fwd setup by big red.

Either way we have plenty to work with kpp wise.

1 Like
So, to sumup this thread...

Who’s James Steward?

Great Hair

Necks.

■■■■■ Cozies

Just rounded it off a bit :slight_smile:

Edited for accuracy