Former #17 James Stewart

So, to sumup this thread...

Who’s James Steward?

If we get him I hope it’s cheaply.

We got a great deal on young Stuart!

Hey, he’s actually got a few tricks about him.

Will be best 22 in no time and forge an all time great duo with Joe.

Great Hair

Necks.

■■■■■ Cozies

Just rounded it off a bit :slight_smile:

Edited for accuracy

They are not cosy!

http://www.bajiroo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/longest-neck-people-in-world-humor-funny-images-pictures-bajiroo-photo-2.jpg

You’d have to be a tall sheila to cop that one.

No, no!
That’s a stick!

Frankly I prefer the more artistic ■■■■■ gourds . This one might explain the expression “dangly bits”

■■■! I have one almost exactly like that. However the dangly bits got chewed on by some rats down in the cabin though so it doesn’t look as pretty as that one anymore.

I brought it back from PNG when transiting through there coming back from Bougainville in 98. One of my last roles in the Army was involvement in Operation Bel Isi and I was training up DFAT personnel to work with the Army, survive in the wild and assist with the election monitoring. Just quietly the DFAT personnel, for the most part, were freaking useless. The amout of tears and breakdowns I had to deal with from both ladies and gents was eye opening. Soft as melted butter.

They are not comfortable to wear.

PNG is a wild place. Do the DFAT people ever venture out of their hotel in POM? They probably should since they drop around $0.6Bn of our hard earned in PNG each year to make sure the Indonesians dont take it all over.

Stewart and how he fits in is the most intriguing part of our summer.

Hooker had accepted the challenge to play fwd and actually wants to do it and will kill it IMO. In terms of a pairing with Joe as that big body he works perfectly from FF. But then Joe most likely pinch hits in ruck.

If Stewart comes in he will be doing the pinch hitting in ruck allowing us to have Joe stay in the fwd line permanently. And Hooker likely goes back to defence to dominate.

Although there is then the fact Woosha lovessss a tall fwd line. And with the amazing mobility of JD and Stewart for their height us playing 3 genuine talls would definitely be possible (TBell you couldn’t), especially with JD roaming up the ground.

When Stewart goes into ruck we would still have Hooker & JD as targets. And that 3 pronged setup worked the best for us this year around JD, Brown & Jamar there. And would be bettered.

F: TIPPA Hooker Stewart (f/r)
HF: Laverde Daniher Fantasia

Then there is Aaron Francis, if he is fit enough to command a fwd spot Hooker could still go back anyway and be replaced in that fwd setup by big red.

Either way we have plenty to work with kpp wise.

Definitely have the cattle, the only problem is a complete and utter lack of forward setup/strategy.

but I digress.

Welcome Jimmy, hope it’s a long and successful Essendon career with not to much essington along the way

Congratulations, Pazza. So Jackets took your advice.

Did you make him an offer he couldn’t refuse ?

Or did he find his horse’s head on his pillow ?

Hahaha…not sure I have a grovelly enough voice for that perce lol

This pick up could become super important. Was a 2nd round pick and followed closely by Jackets, so clearly highly rated as a junior. 4 years development paid for by another club. Cost us a nothing pick, effectively free.

There’s maybe 40 good to elite regular KPFs in the competition, plus a bunch of 3rd talls and developing players. GWS have 3 at the top end of that list. If this guy ends up as the 25th best KPF, that’s a huge win. Partner with Daniher who should be top 10 and you have a strong combination for next to no investment.

Worst case Hooker goes forward and we pick up a tall in next year’s draft to replace him after 3 years development.

Do people actually believe this? It’s the trade-week equivalent of “we can’t believe he was still available at pick X, we had him rated in the first round/would have taken him earlier”.

No, I’m sure they wait till trade week and then go hmmmmmmm I wonder who’s out there /s

Stewart and how he fits in is the most intriguing part of our summer.

Hooker had accepted the challenge to play fwd and actually wants to do it and will kill it IMO. In terms of a pairing with Joe as that big body he works perfectly from FF. But then Joe most likely pinch hits in ruck.

If Stewart comes in he will be doing the pinch hitting in ruck allowing us to have Joe stay in the fwd line permanently. And Hooker likely goes back to defence to dominate.

Although there is then the fact Woosha lovessss a tall fwd line. And with the amazing mobility of JD and Stewart for their height us playing 3 genuine talls would definitely be possible (TBell you couldn’t), especially with JD roaming up the ground.

When Stewart goes into ruck we would still have Hooker & JD as targets, rather than JD one out getting double teamed. And that 3 pronged setup worked the best for us this year around JD, Brown & Jamar there. And would be bettered.

F: TIPPA Hooker Stewart (f/r)
HF: Laverde Daniher Fantasia

Then there is Aaron Francis, if he is fit enough to command a fwd spot Hooker could still go back anyway and be replaced in that fwd setup by big red.

Either way we have plenty to work with kpp wise.

Dare I say it but, Daniher in the Richo role!

KRISTEN STEWART

I think people are underestimating how good Francis is. Right now Stewart is behind Hooker, TBell and Francis for the FF slot.

I think people are underestimating how good Francis is*. Right now Stewart is behind Hooker, TBell and Francis for the FF slot.
*If fit enough

I don’t want to rain on this boys parade,or cause alarm, but is he not involved in a murder case.
If i recall, is he not the man that shot Liberty Valance, or was it the pilgrim John Wayne that shot him. It happened back in those Black and White days if I recall… This case is being heard in some Swiss Court so expect the unexpected…

Moves alright. Sensible hair. Good combination.

I think you are understating the luxuriousness of his hair, Digs.

I don't want to rain on this boys parade,or cause alarm, but is he not involved in a murder case. If i recall, is he not the man that shot Liberty Valance, or was it the pilgrim John Wayne that shot him. It happened back in those Black and White days if I recall.. This case is being heard in some Swiss Court so expect the unexpected...

I’ll be honest.
I had actually not given this any thought.

I think you are understating the luxuriousness of his hair, Digs.
It's very nice.

Now James Stewart coming to the Essendon Football Club !Mckernan his head on the chopping block, playing for the same position.

Now James Stewart coming to the Essendon Football Club !Mckernan his head on the chopping block, playing for the same position.

Cue more neck jokes

Cue more neck jokes

Harder to miss?

Cue more neck jokes

Harder to miss?

Can’t wait to see him take a hanger for us.

Reckon Shreds might have had some input to this selection as well.

I think people are underestimating how good Francis is*. Right now Stewart is behind Hooker, TBell and Francis for the FF slot.
Tinker Bell is not a FF in any way, shape or form. Resting in a pocket is as close as he gets.