Former #17 James Stewart

Liked his work rate today and he looked good in patches. The forward entries today were mostly horrid though, doubt Buddy would get too many kicks in that forward line

When Hooker looks bad, he literally looks like the worst player in the league. Hopeless

His defensive pressure and endurance is fantastic for his size. He was one of our better players today, I know that doesn’t mean much.

Progressing nicely will be a very good player for us.

2 Likes

Yeap. I thought he looked like he had really taken the next step early today.

Out bodied his oppo,… found space, led well, kicked like an arrow.

Can’t recall seeing him in the 2nd half, but the whole last hour is a bit of a fog.

1 Like

Loving his development. Kicked 2 yesterday and gave off a couple more. Was disappointed in the first half when he did the hard work and got clear inside our 50 atleast 3 times and we either blazed away at goals or kicked to Joe who was 1 on 3. On track for 20-30 goals which we would of taken within a heartbeat at the start of the season

6 Likes

He’s a really good kick for goal on the run.

4 Likes

Looks to have cemented his place for the rest of the year. This allows us to keep grooming Lang’n’Lav for the midfield with third forward covered. He’s doing a great job at ground level, getting smart with hands and vision, and yeah those gentle snaps on the run he keeps dobbing are ace.

4 Likes

He’s not just hitting the scoreboard he’s a really well rounded player. His tackles, contested possessions and I50’s for a tall are all really good.

I thought he would just be stop gap player, but with another 20 games under the belt he could be a very good player to use in tandem with joey.

1 Like

Is he a Key Position player or a flanker?

1 Like

He’s a really tall flanker.

Moves like a mid sometimes, crumbs like a small forward.

4 Likes

Hmmm, so he plays the “Stewart” role.

1 Like

Were the Pies fans booing him at one point after the Merrett hit and fight, or was there something else going on?

Probably booing their own clubs recruiters for the fact they lack KPF options and passed up on a F/S prospect twice who would of cost them about pick 100 and half the coin Mayne is on lol

29 Likes

really like him

Don’t think Laverde will be a midfielder

1 Like

Similar role to Stewart? At this point I’d just love to see him on the field.

Laverde - Hooker - Fantasia
Stewart - Daniher - Tipungwuti

“The Green” in the Green role?

6 Likes