Former #17 James Stewart

2 were bad misses but the others were very tough.

He has been very good in the first half and works really hard around the ground.

2 Likes

To be honest he rarely misses good angle shots with us, those 2 were ones you could usually mark him down for. Which is why the misses frustrated me, having good accuracy is one of his strengths.

1 Like

Could have had a big game already, as it is he has shown why we took the punt with him
Big, strong, quick and agile for a big guy.
If it all clicks he will be a part of a seriously dangerous forwardline!

Playing like JoeDan 2 years ago, getting in the right spots, getting some, completely duffing others

give him another year.

2 Likes

Finally remembered how to mark, but then forgot how to kick.

4 Likes

He’s killing me. At least he’s getting the ball.

1 Like

■■■■■■ good game again and didn’t drift out in the second half this week. Would of been nice if he nailed a couple of those set shots early but for a third tall forward he has come along better than anyone could ask for

9 Likes

I really hope Stewart can improve his body on body contested marking with added preseasons and body strength because he ticks virtually every other box. If he can we’ve got a really good player to partner JD for the next decade.

2 Likes

possibly could have had a 100 point trouncing if he kicked those early ones

says something he had that many shots on goal though

i think his best is going to shock a lot of people

4 Likes

Apart from those 2 bad misses was very good (again). Good thinker of the game and very mobile for his size

4 Likes

I actually thought it was a pretty poor game from Stewart. He doesn’t think quickly. I think we’ll be a much better team when Francis pushes him out of the team

He was awesome. If he had of kicked those 4 early on, this thread would have 400 new posts by now.

4 Likes

How many games has this bloke played??? Just keeps getting better and better, is silk for a player of his height. Once he gets stronger and learns to use his body in marking contests, he will be a very very good player.

21 disposals and …9 score involvements… huge.

7 Likes

We must have watched a different game. I thought he was exceptional and if he had kicked straight would have been in the votes.

11 Likes

Very smart, strong hands both overhead and on the ground. He’s had a great year development wise.

He was good early, I’ll pay that. And the kick to colyer was a ripper. But yeah, he’s got areas to work on

Goalkicking marred an otherwise excellent game. 21 touches, a good amount of ball for a tall forward. Works hard up the ground, also had 10 contested possessions. Got himself a good role within the team and playing it nicely.

2 Likes

10 scoring involvements aswell.
Very good game

1 Like

The great thing about our forwardline this year IMO is that pretty much everyone in our forwardline knows how to make a positive influence even if the goals aren’t falling their way.

Stewart is getting better and better every game he plays.

Compliments Joe really well.

2 Likes

Gets involved around the ground. Throwing his weight around in the contest. Doing midfielder type things at times. Taking marks. Looking dangerous.

He’s played 27 games and is improving rapidly. Just wait for game 50 or game 100. Could be a very important player for us.

And got him for nothing…

3 Likes