Former #30 Patrick Ryder - we dodged the bullet

Correct. She obviously has her own bias. But she does know more about what is going on, than all us on this forum and probably 99% of the media.

All she said was that the media's version of events is not the true reflection of what is actually going on.

Correct. She obviously has her own bias. But she does know more about what is going on, than all us on this forum and probably 99% of the media.

All she said was that the media's version of events is not the true reflection of what is actually going on.

:lol:  I know nothing at all about these matters, but I'll guarantee that part is true.

People speculating, reporting or judging Ryder family concerns are flogs.

And this isn't his first good season. I think it was '09 (the infamous NLM ruck in the final v Adelaide year) where Hill and (Laycock?) were both out for the majority of the season and he was on his own he did ■■■■■■ awesome. He paid his ****ing dues and owes us nothing.

Almost correct.  He does owe us the opportunity to get the BEST possible trade should he elect to depart.

And this isn't his first good season. I think it was '09 (the infamous NLM ruck in the final v Adelaide year) where Hill and (Laycock?) were both out for the majority of the season and he was on his own he did ■■■■■■ awesome. He paid his ****ing dues and owes us nothing.

Almost correct.  He does owe us the opportunity to get the BEST possible trade should he elect to depart.

The AFL and whatever clubs looking at him owe us that.

He owes us the 2 years left on his contract. 

Playing football has a limited shelf life.

You get into the zone and if you are good enough, away you go for next 10 years or so.  If you are lucky, you may play finals. If you are at a club which has some gifted players,  maybe you get the crack at a premiership.  Then its over; it will never return. Thats it. 

Essendon has been very good to Paddy.  It doesn't get any better than this. 

He owes us the 2 years left on his contract. 

Fair point

Name one established Essendon player that left Essendon and was glad with their decision.

Roger merett
Ryan O'Connor
Derek Kickett
Barry Young

Are you taking the ■■■■?
Okay..
I glanced over the 'established Essendon player' requirement. But they all were glad to leave the club.

Wrong. He owes us fair compensation. Nothing more, nothing less. Not this second rounder nonsense.

I am a scientist in the earth/environmental field, so I am not qualified to provide an accurate comment on this issue with the health of players offspring, but I have a basic understanding of biology and biological processes and as far as I'm aware - there is no chance of any issue to the Ryder's children whatsoever.

I admit there might be the slightest of chances of impacts to fertility, but once conception has actually occurred, there surely would be next to zero chance of any impact to the fetus whatsoever. I cannot fathom with my limited understanding of biology of how a branched chain amino acid could possibly have any impact via sperm to a fetus. The administration of a peptide surely cannot have any impact at the genetic level - and that would be the only way there could possibly be an issue. If we were talking gene therapy or gene doping then maybe - but we are not. 

This was ASADA's fiendish and evil way of scaring the bejezzuz out of young footballers - and of course the media have run with it also - just another sensationalist headline. And this is the one that has got me the most angry out of all the wild claims.

If it was the mother of the child who was subjected to these supplements then it's a different story and even then, typically would only be of a material concern if the supplement was administered during pregnancy.

I would love to hear from someone with more of an understanding on reproductive health and issues around teratogenic and mutagenic effects.

How many times do I need to say that there is no evidence whatsoever that AOD## or any of the other reported substances have any harmful effects???

This would have been sorted out in toxicology testing way before they got to Phase I trials. AOD has now been cleared by FDA after going through Phase III testing.

Ryder needs to decide if he wants to Ryde or Die with us.

Nananananana

Name one established Essendon player that left Essendon and was glad with their decision.

Monfries

Teddy Richards

McPhlee

Caracella...got more money and another two flags

Caracella...got more money and another two flags

One flag and a broken neck.

Monfries

I reckon him & Dimma (50 games & a flag, gotta be happy with that) are two.

Teddy wasn't established, hence why he went.

Greg Anderson?

I just want Paddy to want to stay.

Do we know if he sat down with Hird? I’ve only heard he sat down with the club but not who specifically.

He's just had his best season, for the umpteenth time I reiterate he signed a new contract during the saga.
I'd be pretty confident that he has been given every opportunity to raise concerns prior & during.
By any measure this doesn't add up.
If the AFL don't step in & pull the rug under these hyena's then the club has the capacity to pull the legal pin on the whole draft system.

didn't he sign during 2012? same ad Hurley hence the saga or media circus hadn't started yet?

Monfries

Greg Anderson?

Glenn Manton.

Monfries

Greg Anderson?

Glenn Manton.

The feeling is mutual. 

Spoke to Ryder's fiancee's cousin today about the situation and she had some interesting things to say. She said that the way the media is making out the situation to be is not accurate. According to her, Ryder's fiancee isn't pushing him to leave, its Paddy who is not happy with the club and the current situation.
The whole ASADA warning about the long term affects of the supplements on the health of their child is also something that they are concerned about. She said that its not about money but more about his feelings towards the club.
She went on to say that family and friends have wanted him to leave the club for sometime.
I'm believe this to be a very credible source.

Savio, not to question your source or credibility BUT this does not make sense.
If Ryder is (truly) unhappy with the club it would have manifested itself in a downturn in his general demeanour & performance - yet, he has delivered his best ever, most consistent season and played with enthusiasm & passion.
The ASADA concern seems to be in addition to the root cause of his unhappiness towards the club - just what is this unhappiness?

But there may be another reason for that.
In fact, if he wanted to go before this year & wanted bigger bucks when/if he did, .. what else would he do?
May very well explain why, out of 7-8 years for us, .. this one was the one when the "switch" was finally found.
Would make sense... Just sayin'.

both theories can make sense, dwpnding on which side pd the fench you sit.
is be leaning towards bakers theory s Lil more personally. bit hard to get up week after week moreso out of spite and resentment to the club, and produce above what you have previously, all so you can sell yourself to prospective other clubs, considering they would no doubt go after him and take him without having produced what he has this year anyway.
doubt we will get anything near the truth and most will pick a side no matter what, based on how they view Ryder, myself included.