Former #30 Patrick Ryder - we dodged the bullet

What if the theory behind all this with Paddy is to pressure him to take a three month ban???

Who wants him to take 3 months? His own manager?

I think we tell Paddy and Brisbane that if they want to do a deal we want proper compensation. None of this BS second round rubbish. If Brisbane offer anything less than Rockliff tell them and Ryder no deal - ■■■■ off. It must be a fair trade. Ryder is the equal of anyone on Brisbanes list. He is contracted we hold the upper hand. Forget the walkout clause for lack of duty of care or whatever it is - Ryder and his management will never be able to win that one - and would take months and months to be heard by the courts or whoever would hear the case. That pushes it beyond the trade period or when lists have to be finalized. Whatch us go very hard if Ryder tries to use that clause. We hold firm and its Rockcliff or GAGF

Precisely.

Want more than just Rockcliff IMHO. Ruckmen like Paddy do not grow on trees. Ottens was traded for two first-round picks. Paddy deserves more than that.

Want more than just Rockcliff IMHO. Ruckmen like Paddy do not grow on trees. Ottens was traded for two first-round picks. Paddy deserves more than that.

That's why a deal won't get done IMO. Paddy is contracted. He's arguably one of our most valuable players. All this BS that 70/30 he's leaving from that fool Barrett is very amusing. He's contracted. Unless WE agree to a trade, Paddy goes nowhere. So does Barrett know we've agreed to a trade? Of course not. Even if Paddy wants out so what ?? He signed a contract to play at Essendon until end of 2016. Once Brisbane know we want Rockliff at a minimum and that we will fight the walkout clause they will back off. Given our loss of draft picks we can't afford to be legged over and we won't. We won't be pushed around. Fair trade or GAGF Brisbane you dogs - we are Essendon not a farking charity

We are not unreasonable. Rockliff and pick 4

I keep reading this and there is no way Paddy is worth more than Rockcliff. In fact he's not worth Rockcliff and there is no way we would ever get Rockcliff for Paddy. Rockcliff is a gun.

Fog could you answer this- why haven’t we just come out and said paddy is contracted for 2 more years and ain’t going nowhere blah,blah blah, or have we know of a couple of quality players wanting to come home from the gold coast and might entertain a trade that would benefit both.i can’t see brissy giving us much because I’m not sure they need another big bloke to waist good picks and players on

This thread is going to be longer than the caddy thread.

And look how that ended up.

Tell ya what GEEZ I’m glad we didn’t get him.

He is nothing special at all.

Fog could you answer this- why haven't we just come out and said paddy is contracted for 2 more years and ain't going nowhere blah,blah blah, or have we know of a couple of quality players wanting to come home from the gold coast and might entertain a trade that would benefit both.i can't see brissy giving us much because I'm not sure they need another big bloke to waist good picks and players on

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-09-04/ryder-statement

awkward

I keep reading this and there is no way Paddy is worth more than Rockcliff. In fact he's not worth Rockcliff and there is no way we would ever get Rockcliff for Paddy. Rockcliff is a gun.
Are you kidding. You ask any recruiter from any club and they would take Paddy over Rockliff. Players like Paddy are rare indeed. Good ruck, great forward and can play CHB. Every team has multiple mids. Paddy is far more valuable than Rock liff. In fact I agree with earlier post Rockcliff plus a pick

Swan and Conners is not a good combo

Swan and Conners is not a good combo

Very astute observation indeed.

Read it again.  Paddy is more valuable.

I'd take Paddy for a 1st rounder and Dempsey for a 2nd rounder.

Thats 3 picks in 1st 30 i think

On your way lads

Firstly, fark off.

Secondly, what ^ he said.

Are you kidding. You ask any recruiter from any club and they would take Paddy over Rockliff. Players like Paddy are rare indeed. Good ruck, great forward and can play CHB. Every team has multiple mids. Paddy is far more valuable than Rock liff. In fact I agree with earlier post Rockcliff plus a pick

kingofthehill = king of the dills. 

NFI

I know a recruiter at a club so I'll ask him. But I'm afraid if you're waiting for Rockcliff to be offered up you'll be waiting a while. They're not giving up their best player for Ryder.
Hopefully Sydney or GWS put up their hand as they've got a lot more for us to work with IMO.

NFI
+ 1
King dill NFI.

NFI

Nice one. We'll see.

I know a recruiter at a club so I'll ask him. But I'm afraid if you're waiting for Rockcliff to be offered up you'll be waiting a while. They're not giving up their best player for Ryder.
Hopefully Sydney or GWS put up their hand as they've got a lot more for us to work with IMO.

fk that

hopefully the club and ryder can hammer something out between themselves that allows Ryder to be happy at Essendon.