Former #32 Travis Colyer

Yeah, but so does just delisting players and getting rid of them. Rookie listing a cut main list player for cover might work every once in a while but we have a tendency to do it far too often.

But that just goes hand in hand with our standard list strategy, Disco doesn’t seem to be anywhere near as objective and removed when it comes to players and balance as I’d like and so he tends to hang onto them for too long or isn’t prepared to trade any decent players for someone we might need. But as you said above we probably won’t cut that many so I’ve given up worrying about it and just expect minimal changes. It is what it is.

Agree 100% but for mine its more a case of 1 good game 4 years ago doesn’t make make an insta-keep either. I know he’s had more than 1 good game just as you know he’s played more than 1 bad game & again the insta-delist is based on giving him till the end of year to see if he can turn things around.

No idea what our list plans are but if for example we are interested in Wallis & we promote Smack to replace Burger then its most likely a minimum of 5 senior list changes. 3 are obvious but you couldn’t say Colyer is currently better than Goddard & Bags so unless they want to retire it gets tight. I’d love Colyer to make it impossible to trade/delist him.

He wasn’t this fumbly in his early years, what is going on

How good was the fumble when he took the mark and was going back for the kick. I loled pretty hard.

4 Likes

He is no where near what he showed us in his early years. I prefer others to him at the moment. I don’t think he is worth his place.

My cat can run fast

Ugh. 9 touches going at 44% efficiency, is still yet to kick a goal in his 3 games this year and had just the 2 tackles tonight.

I don’t even know if he’s all that quick anymore. I mean sure, he’s definitely not slow, but I have him more in the Green/Smith category these days re pace. Amazing that friggin Baguley of all people has gone past him as a forward.

He plays like a guy that’s barely played all year.

4 Likes

I thought he was alright tonight?

Did a couple of nice things.

At least he wasn’t Ben McNeice.

He plays like a guy who needed a few full games in the VFL to get some form first.

1 Like

Green is better.

4 Likes

i’m glad his pace fits our structure more, we really need those 9 touches cos of his pace.
pace.

lucky he has perceived speed, cos if he didn’t, well in many other sides he’d be dropped.
at this club, hell he may get a contract extension.

I’m not sure he’s got too much going for him at the moment

Wrong thread?

Ah… You mean Colyer.
And I’m in the wrong thread lol

1 Like

Those talking of delisting, he’s contacted for 2019.

1 Like

He is struggling, maybe another couple of games in the twos to get some touch back.

1 Like

So, unsurprisingly, Trav keeps his spot after another sub-par performance.

What’s his role in the side? If it’s as a small forward, then he’s yet to kick a goal in his three games since being brought back into the seniors - not good enough.

Pressure forward perhaps? Well, he’s laid 4 tackles in three games. Yikes. That’s at Goddard-levels.

Or is he perahaps a midfielder? He’s definitely spent some time up around the contest, although is averaging just the 11 possessions a game since his return. And it’s not as though he’s a scintillating user of the ball, either.

Meanwhile, Long has already laid 10 tackles in just the two games, kicked a goal and found more of the footy. He’s definitely made a few glaring mistakes along the way but geez, he’s also only played the 5 senior games (compared to Colyer’s 82) and at least the kid has an impact.

Big week coming up for Trav - his best footy is valuable but currently he’s getting games based on reputation.

7 Likes

We Connor out and saad supposedly a doubt. Colyer has to stay in this week. We will desperately need his pace

Time to step it up travis

It certainly furrows the brow

Lucky for him he isn’t young, or he might have to earn his games.

14 Likes