Former #32 Travis Colyer

Excellent game, become a very good player.

Standout game against seriously good opponents.

Picked up from where he left off mid 2015. Gun.

I reckon the sky is blue

He’s clearly without doubt been the best returning player. Could anyone disagree?

3 Likes

Lol, … yeah preaching to the choir a tad. Nearly everyone has said so.

3 Likes

Interesting that Trav had the lowest game time at 67%, that’s very low. He also looked really off with his disposal.

I wonder if there is an injury/niggle that we haven’t heard about? He still had some zip when he got near it though

1 Like

Looked a bit off, probably just a bit of a down game

I thought he was pretty good. It was a real ‘almost’ game, the wet ball just conspiring against him otherwise he would have had some massive moments. I just love the fact that he keeps working and continues to try to create all day.

4 Likes

‘almost’ game is a pretty good description, but I don’t think this translates to pretty good. Certainly a down game, I just hope he gets up for Melbourne as I see him as a critical player for us

3 Likes

Fair enough, I noticed him a lot more on my second watch but I haven’t looked at stats.

I just finished watching the replay and was going to come in this thread and say the same thing!

Some of his pickups of the bobbling footy at ground level as he attacked it at full speed showed tremendous touch on a wet-ish day but then for one reason or another the next part didn’t go to plan.

Still reckon he’s in good nick. Things just didn’t click for him 100% on ANZAC day.

2 Likes

beauty of our forward half at the moment is that things don’t have to click for everyone every week. Walla and Colyer no goals on Anzac Day… Not to worry, Fanta another 4 and Green 3.

It’s our multitude of options that makes our forward line so effective and dangerous. And thank ■■■■ for it, because we’re well down the ladder for I50’s but scoring pretty much every second time we go in (goals from I50’s is >25%).

6 Likes

Think Walls contributed very meaningfully in other ways though. Had many assists.

1 Like

By far the best of the returning players.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, 100%. Many score involvements, lots of pressure and stuff that doesn’t show up on the stats sheet. Point was that they don’t all have to kick multiple goals or have statistically impressive games because we’ve got so many options. Bit like the Dogs forward line, who have only 2 3+ goal kickers in the last year, very even spread. All be it that we’ve got guys kicking slightly bigger bags. In reality, we’re very unlikely to get a one forward kicking a really big bag (say 6+) and whilst that’s a bit of a wet blanket for the hype patrol it’s actually a good thing for our ability to kick winning scores as a team regardless of the form of specific individuals.

Floating in and out a bit at the minute with things not quite clicking but reckon he’ll tear up the second half of the year.

4 Likes

Hibberd is playing well, Ryder is doing well by all accounts and Melksham is doing o.k.

Colyer is probably handling it better than some of the other blokes at Essendon. Its going to take some time to find their feet again. Requiring patience from everyone that also means us.

2 Likes

As the bloke develops more consistency in his game after being out for so long he’s tracking - reasonable, outstanding, reasonable, outstanding, reasonable. He’s due for an outstanding game. Have fond memories of him tearing it up at Etihad. Sunday promises more of the same

Don’t think the wet suits Travvy. He is very fumbly.

Both the Blues and Pies games he wasn’t great.

Crows however was excellent so hopefully will do some damage vs Dees in dry conditions under the roof.