Former #39 Patrick Voss - false messiah

In better news it bodes well for Hunter

12 Likes

If so, in True Essendon style we keep the bloke that’s under an injury cloud and barely played the last few years over someone that was getting on the park pretty consistently.

No surprise there

1 Like

I have a memory as a kid of driving past Windy Hill and seeing graffiti bemoaning the delisting of Glenn Manton - can anyone confirm if there was such graffiti?

1 Like

Yeh Voss has more upside than Weid for me. But one is contracted next year and liked by the coach

5 Likes

1 Like

Stupid decision

2 Likes

Yup. Didnt even give hkm a chace

Very sorry to hear the Voss news. Reckon someone will pick him up.
Snelling played his role but with Gresham coming in and youngsters developing his days were numbered.

In reality Voss was only going to be a 3rd tall forward at AFL level, so you have to decide if he has enough skills and tricks to make it in that role and can he develop them?

If not then is it’s not worth time putting more development into him. Plain and simple.

Further to that, maybe he wasn’t living an AFL professional lifestyle (just speculating) so all of that combined results in a delisting.

4 Likes

Jake Carlisle was right……

Voss showed good signs, played well enough to be named an emergency, wins B&F.

Never given a chance and now delisted. Thank fk we played Weideman for that run of 9 games.

8 Likes

Bloody stiff in my eyes. He may not become a world beater but the kids has done all that has been asked of him in 2023 winning a VFL B&F…an extra 12 months should have been mandatory.

I hope he gets a chance elsewhere. Pretty poor on the clubs behalf IMO

5 Likes

Yep, I remember it too. It was something like “Glenn Manton axed, Jill Singer asks why.”

3 Likes

So Weideman stays and Voss goes without even a shot. No wonder this club remains in the doldrums. They just never learn.

3 Likes

We need aggressive forwards.
Voss is an aggressive forward.
Voss gets delisted without a try.

Head scratching.

17 Likes

We delisted Stewart with a year to go on a contract, I would have done the same with Weiderman and kept Voss.

10 Likes

Yep, this mob is satisfied with mediocrity. The never ending story.

weid and voss don’t play the same position.
voss is a 3rd tall forward who is strong on the lead, but doesn’t yet threaten as a contested marking or ground level forward.
2MP plays that role as a leading forward and contested mark.

voss never got an AFL game because he didn’t earn it.
this is a tough decision, but that is exactly what we wanted from scott.

1 Like

They are satisfied with soft.

2 Likes

Voss spent the year playing Ff/CHF.

Cute that you knock his marking but not Weideman.

Voss played well enough to deserve a callup, especially when we were fielding a key forward that went 35/36 quarters not firing a shot.

Coaches seemed to think he was on track at some point, given he was named emergency

8 Likes

Yeah, tough decisions are ones that disadvantage the senior players on the list.

Easy decisions are the ones that disadvantage the kids.

2 Likes