Former #39 Patrick Voss - false messiah

Deleted

If we are naming something at Tulla after him, given how frequently he was named an emergency, it can be the Pat Voss Ambulance access gate.

4 Likes

Victim of the reduced list size and the depth of other KPF players. With a rotating ruckman, thereā€™s only really two spots in the side for Voss and thereā€™s a lot of other options.

Heā€™s likely an afl standard talent, but just doesnā€™t fit our needs.

2 Likes

IF itā€™s true, itā€™s yet another example of the club having different criteria on what makes good players than fans. Has been going on for years. I think fans loved the idea of his physicality more than anything.

5 Likes

I really hope this isnā€™t true

1 Like

In a ā€œdevelopment yearā€ Iā€™m baffled how every available player wasnā€™t trialed at senior level. More for making informed list decisions than simply handing out games.

Clearly, it was significantly more important to pump games into promising youngsters like Snelling and Kelly.

23 Likes

In fairness i have heard Tudor really rated him as a future prospect and that showed up in VFL B&F win. Scott no doubt had his clear concerns

{thatā€™s triggering}

1 Like

Do you know what their concerns with him were?
Crazy we didnā€™t even give him a chance

Maybe someoneā€™s picking him up as a DFA since we made him wait

No but there is no doubt his hands let him down a lot. Got to the right spot but dropped marks he should take. Could that improveā€¦ is the question. If it did his game was very good. He did have some team discipline issues with unnecessary 50ā€™s bit personally i didnā€™t really think that was too big an issue

5 Likes

Do you remember an article back in 1994 which suggested that Glenn Manton was one of Essendonā€™s future KPP with the most potential? They went on and delisted him a couple of weeks later. He was then selected by Fark Carlton in the pre-season draft and played in the 1995 premiership.

3 Likes

Look history says a delisted rookie wonā€™t come back to burn a club, but I genuinely feel he played well in a role he wouldnā€™t even have to play should he have got a look at the big time.

Seen worse players been given far more opportunity and longer to prove themselves.

2 Likes

Thanks

20 years of age.

Won VFL Best and Fairest

Kicked 30 goals in 18 games averaging 5 marks per game.

Delisted without being given a shot at AFL level in a side that lost the last two games of the season by a combined 196 points.

16 Likes

Iā€™ve probably been one of his few critics. Loved his aggression, but he had poor hands and below average footy IQ. Hopefully this delisting means Hunter is given another year who I thought showed more in his two games than Voss did in two years.

13 Likes

Yep, I reckon this was the trap door opening for him.

Well 3/4 of the list must be concerned with their futures then.

1 Like

Have you not seen widemans hands boy o boy

3 Likes