Former #39 Patrick Voss - false messiah

I reckon today was the third time this season that bad conversion cost him a bag of four or five. Can any regular VFL watchers confirm?

Sounds like heā€™s ripe for Essington.
Play him next week.
What could possibly go wrong.

i think a couple of those touched on the mark still made it through for a behind.

2 Likes

Yeah 8 shots I think the commentators said, one touched didnā€™t make the distance I think and one out on the full.

He definitely looked good today, would be nice for him to be given a crack. If Weid wasnā€™t playing so poorly Iā€™d still like Voss to keep developing, but he is being made to really earn his debut, and surely has done.

The best part was the biffo on the wing in front of the stand.

Yeah unlike Weiderman he actually gets shots on goal

2 Likes

unlike hte other player with that kicking record, at least voss will put a tackle (attempted murder) on an opponent.

2 Likes

Probably one of the only things Brad has got wrong this year is not giving Voss a crack.

3 Likes

Could care less about his shots on goal, I want the competitor causing havoc when the ball is in his area.

2 Likes

So Voss kicked 2.4 at Port, the same ground where in the Tastas thread we were told wind affected play, especially kicking for goal, and we have seen what the wind on that ground can do to kicks on goal.

He must come in to replace Weed this week. Sam is giving us nothing much of anything, Voss is a presence and will create chaos, and while that is just a start, it is a decent place to begin with.

18 Likes

Surely this bloke comes in for Weed. At least you know you;ll be getting a contest.

1 Like

Got a bit too close to the man of the mark trying for the extra distance into the wind, but as said, didnā€™t stop presenting.

It would have been nice if he was more accurate but at least you know heā€™s going to try his absolute heart out, which is more you can say for some.

Must come in. Surely

Play him, what do we have to lose?

1 Like

Just give the kid a game, heā€™s earned it

3 Likes

Not sure how he does that consistently with this teams midfield. Does a decent job getting what he can right now

3 Likes

PSX_20230625_203105

2 Likes

Have you seen the 2ā€™s play?
A forward line with Carey, Lloyd & Lockett would struggle to kick 20 goals with that game plan and disposal.

And became captain and BOG in a Grand Final.

Accept no less of a stay in the reserves!

You all know better. No way he comes in for Weid.

1 Like

Not sure.
He was tremendous in the first 2 or 3 games, then had about 5-6 weeks where he didnā€™t fire a shot.
Well and truly outplayed by Hunter since he came in.