Former #4 Jobe Watson

Farewell game against the crows. He’s done!

Can’t like but must agree

I think he’s done. I’m also for playing some kids that deserve a go.
But I don’t think Jobe’s playing poorly enough to warrant him being dropped. In normal circumstances you wouldn’t gift an elder statesman games, but Jobe ain’t normal circumstances. He deserves to play out his career with the dignity of playing with the best 22.

2 Likes

He’s still in our best side, he’s still getting good work done at the contest but he’s making errors you never expect. I dont know if thats permanent or not.

5 Likes

Personally don’t agree. Think he’s done and hurts us a bit. 4 games to Langford Mutch or Begley could be invaluable. I know it’s rough but we can’t afford a farewell tour FFS.

I don’t really enjoy the feeling of not wanting the ball in his hands.

1 Like

It’s not so much the pace of the game that’s passed him by.
His decion making, reaction times, reckless disposals … momentum killers.
With the game on the line and a player free behind him, he goes for the impossible.
In the middle he was like a dear in headlights … frozen on the spot … bang.
What was he thinking!?
The call on whether he goes on next year is not his.
The coach should have the conversation, if he hasn’t already.
“It’s time to go Jobe”

Sadly, this. It was so damn hard to watch

After what we put him through and what he did for us he has infinite credits in the bank.

Don’t care how poor we are he is the absolute last person we tap on the shoulder or even drop (as opposed to rested)
We have much bigger problems than him

11 Likes

Should be offered a contract, but of the understanding that he prolly won’t play alot of seniors, if at all.

I’m not normally one for sentiment, and he is prolly cooked, but who knows if it’s that or just the year out.
At worst he could be used to teach some players in the vfl side what to be doing.

No doubt he’d do what’s best for the club, if that’s him moving on i reckon he’d do it.

1 Like

I would love Bird to come in and take his place. Our midfield looked so much better against the Saints and it’s looked awful for the 2 weeks since Jobe’s returned, that’s no accident.

Please Woosha, make the hard call and be focused on the success of this team!

4 Likes

He’ll retire within a coupe of weeks

Considering we probably have 7 Or 8 players we could cut before Jobe having that agreement would be great

Unfortunately I reckon he would back making coffee in Times Square before the club finished making the offer lol

I can 100% assure you he won’t play next year.

Do tell

1 Like

He retires with dignity,

A very poor game today, but plays against the blues.

If he stinks it up again, I guess an internal chat with Woosha is needed and perhaps a retirement announcement before being dropped might be best.

Not even sure if he should even play twos if that happens.

He’s not been as bad this year as is sometimes represented on here. In fact, he’s been our second best midfielder all year.

I’m glad he came back, not only because he deserved the chance to go out a player instead of a “drug cheat”, but because he added something to our side this season.

I would hope the club has prepared and planned for next year without him.

4 Likes

Jobe had a shocker yesterday no doubt and in all likelihood he won’t go on next year but some perspective is needed. He was fantastic the week before. He is still fantastic inside. It’s outside he is struggling. The discussions about whether he should be retiring immediately are just insane. He is still in our best 22. Simple. If people were expecting jobe at his best they were crazy. He has had a solid year. Not spectacular but he has certainly contributed and made the team better. I for one am grateful he pulled on the boots again and feeling more confident about beating carlton with him in the team. Jobe will come out with a point to prove next week.

7 Likes

Everyone seems to set the bar very high for Jobe.

He is easily in best 22, gets the ball more than most and makes no more errors than most. Highlighting those few fluffed disposals is ironic, as he is about the only Player going into packs to get ball consistently.

He will play out the year and he will make the correct decision on his future.

3 Likes

Can we stop with the fkn eulogies please.

11 Likes