Former #42 Massimo D'Ambrosio

Upgrade on Heppell

Happy with both picks but hope McGrath stays half back permanently.

2 Likes

Is he a tough one on one defender or outside type?

18 Likes

I can’t believe @Saucy got his man. He better not be right about Dunkley and DeGoey.

4 Likes

Happy we picked him up. Sounded like he was the best available at our pick. 3 years ago we had the most explosive, run and gun HB/rebounding defensive group int he AFL with McKenna, Saad and Redman. 2 of those guys have departed the club and Redders is not the player he was in 2019 when he had a very good season. Hopefully Mass gives us some real run and dash again from that part of the field. Welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Happy to have him but not we needed. Should have got Charmichael, watch him towel it up for Collingwood. Dodoro and his bloody half backs, he is an absolute dud recruiter, for god sake sack him. Who knows, but apparently we wanted Culley, we missed him so instead of getting the 2nd best big bodied mid we completely change tack and take a hbf, what’s the strategy!

6 Likes

Can expect the profile pic on Essendon FC website to be up around round 20 2023.

6 Likes
38 Likes

If it’s take best available, and Mass is a better footballer than Carmichael, then happy to back that call. Let’s face it we suck, so at the moment every position on the field is an area to address. You don’t draft for needs. You draft best available and you trade for need…

10 Likes

Best player name in a while.

3 Likes

I obviously hope he is really good but doesn’t this just mean our current midget mids …. better suited to half back roles …. are now just more likely to continue to midget our midfield.

2 Likes

Has he got speed ?

Isn’t he injured?

Definitely best name since Fanta.

5 Likes

Would rather we target a tall inside mid in the ND so i’m happy with this pick. HBF is a weak spot for us

6 Likes

Alergic to tall mids

1 Like

The selection just doesn’t make sense to me. With Heppell, McGrath, Lord, McDonagh and Hind all playing off the HB flank why do we need him?

3 Likes

Kelly and Redman