Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

Sign him up for next year!

2 Likes

Anyone that has something negative to say about bj should be permanently banned

13 Likes

Yeah but you’re forgetting that Pelchen was the list manager and Pelchen was a hero list manager and he goes on he radio now to talk about lists because of these kind of decisions.

What everyone just said.

3 Likes

Essendon Legend.

1 Like

Superb controlled game. The general when there was a lack of composure. Ran hard off the ball to chase loose players too.

I’ve always been a fan. I remember he had this breakout game booting 8 goals or something, he also did a knee early on. Then he consolidated it all for me when he very nearly ripped Collingwood’s hearts out with that bullshit mark in the drawn GF and an inspiring effort all round that day.

He’s a consummate perfectionist whom I believe has high functioning OCD and is on the wrong side of 30. With that combo in mind you can guarantee there wouldn’t be too many blokes in the entire league who are as hungry and as desperate to win a flag as he. I’m not a huge fan of pointing, frustration, lollies on the floor within teams but that’s where it comes from. You can guarantee he’s probably harder on himself than anyone else of his personal expectations behind the scenes. He’s had the odd stinker in the past year or two to go with the heights he can reach but I don’t think there’s too many blokes, if any on the list, I’d like to see wearing a premiership medallion more than him.

6 Likes

Concur.

1 Like

With the smalls and some speed in the middle and back surrounding him, he never look like he was a liability in def at all.

Super game.

BJ gets a bad wrap on here but he was the ultimate professional last night. The way he controlled the game was outstanding. His football smarts, composure and second and third efforts kept us in the game, for mine.

3 Likes

Other than his missed shot at goal, every time he gets involved it feels like the adults have arrived

16 Likes

I thought BJ might struggle this year to be honest and then he goes and plays close to his best game for the club.
If anyone in the comp deserves a flag more than him I don’t know who it is.

1 Like

I’m not having a crack at you, but there is some serious misconceptions that Goddard’s form is going to drop like a Selwood playing for a high free kick… very soon.

There is no evidence it’s anywhere near that. He hasn’t even looked like it once. He might have lost half a yard of pace. He has hardly dropped in form since coming to the club.

People are waiting patiently to stick the boots in imo.

3 Likes

When everyone else was turning the ball over, he was hitting guys lace out. His composure is insane

1 Like

Yeah your right, he has been nothing short of awesome since he has come to the club. I rate him as a legend of the club.
I was just being ageist and expected him to fall of the cliff pretty quickly. I was wrong.
Hey when your right 22% of the time your wrong 79% of the time.

3 Likes

That low laser to Hooker…VINTAGE

LASER BEAM

I’m perplexed by a few Blitzers saying this was one his best games etc with backhanded compliments.

The bloke literally has played 25 games like this for our club and I cannot remember him ever playing a bad game for us. Ever!

Legend

17 Likes

Seconded.

That bullet pass, I think to Hooker, was ridik. No one else was kicking straight at that stage.

2 Likes