Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

Why is it a back-handed compliment?
I don’t think it was one of, I think it was The best game he’s played for us.

1 Like

Haircut a touch führer-like?

2 Likes

He wants a premiership. And damn it we’d better get it for him. He has given his all to this club after arriving at the worst possible time.

10 Likes

A true champion of the game and i hope we give him the flag he deserves this year or next.

I remember during the season with all the players out BJ was regularly in our bests, even in games he knew we had no chance he was providing an example, super champ. So lucky to have him at the club

MAKE SOME BOYS BRENDAN

1 Like

Goddard walking around the boundary of the G in about 6 months time, with his two little girls, a medal around his neck and a cup in his hand would just about be the most beautiful thing ever.

6 Likes

Genuinely outstanding. Foot skills, hardness, composure and that goal to boot.

3 Likes

Just had a boy didn’t he??

That goal he fired everyone up. Gave us a real belief we could run over them.I reckon almost everyone else in our team would of hand balled, Goddard just takes the pressure on and snaps a great goal

1 Like

Who was BJ opposed to?

I’m just not convinced BJ or even Hurley really get opponents.

In some ways i think they more play on certain zones and are given license to impact the contest as they see fit.

Sometimes they’ll get burnt but ultimately there quality ensures the benefits outweigh the costs over the journey.

That’s my take anyway. Full license.

5 Likes

It’s pretty much spot on.

When drifting down back he was allowing opponents to run off into space and backing his own judgement to intercept.

Was making the right call a heck of a lot.

BANNED?

Just had a little girl named Billy. Hopes she plays for EFCAFLW in the future.

1 Like

I found it very difficult to split Goddard and Hepp for the 3 votes. His work in the 3rd when the chips where down was inspiring. No longer in the leadership group, but in a way still the captain out there with Hepp.

How old is Burgoyne this year?

He’s not a guy that has ever relied on exceptional athleticism. If he’s lost anything it is a yard off his kick but I think he adjusted for that a bit.

He’s always been pretty durable.

2 Likes

Barring injury Goddard could easily go around again.

Still reads the play well and is still very consistent

2 Likes

24 Likes

I’m gonna be really sad whenever he retires. He is a legitimately classic footballer

2 Likes

What are the odds on him playing 200 games for two different clubs? You’d have to think it’s unlikely, but at this stage possible