Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

Look here. He is top 5 at Essendon. Speaks for itself.

1 Like

im not quite sure what numbers i am meant to be looking at, but ok.

1 Like

To be fair, there aren’t too many in our team that haven’t had a crappy patch of games.

Sums up the whole team, not just BJ.

2 Likes

He openly said should not have played the 3 games so close to each other around Anzac Day.

And IMO the 2nd Pies game took it out of him perhaps flow on from North intense game, battling in last quarter and short break into GC didn’t help.

Proud man but realistically needs to put his hand up/ work with the club for appropriate times of being freshened up.

If plays next year an absolute must

3 Likes

I don’t supercoach, but I would guess not many of our senior players have ever scored second worst of our 22 after playing a full game.

You’d be surprised

Well…I would!

Rubbish.
Last year his kicking started to become inconsistent and this year it has deteriorated significantly again and he goes to ground much easier now.

Being the best of a bad bunch doesn’t make you good.
Every year he has been with us we have either been crap or just barely average. Finishing top 5 in those teams compared to good teams is a very different thing and not a valid way to judge how good a player is.

Oh now we’re happy to use CD’s ■■■■■ rankings.

Not as a main point, no.
I’m well aware it was a pretty bad game.
If something is extreme enough, though.

1 Like

As far as stinky games go it was skunk levels of stink.

As Far as offering Goddard another contract for next year, well no thanks, I would rather offer Jobe Watson another contract to play a few games with the new boys, and add inside midfield depth. He could just swap with Stringer out of the forwardline.

Goddard looks #cooked.
But if he is prepared to play some reserves and sit out games then I wouldnt mind if he is on a minimum contract.

To be honest he would be better served on a bettercontract helping Patrick Cripps at Carlton. I mean they are still playing Dale Thomas.

He could even return to the saints so they can add some Star factor.

How can anyone say he will provide more to the team than Francis, Redman or Ridley, I want to see those guys get a good run of games under their belt before that call is made.
Redman looked awsome before his injury.

Reading between the lines of Woosha’s press conference, he seems to want BJ to go around again but only if he accepts that he won’t be playing every week. 10-15 games plus a part time coaching role with the chance of playing finals would be ideal for all parties I think.

5 Likes

Still adds a huge amount to the team, if he wants to play on, we will and should honor it. I think he will play on, but hope that the likes of Redman/Franga can push him into the 2nds next year.

However I don’t have, and never will have, time for people who say older players are stunting development of younger players by taking there spot in the AFL. Players can develop in the 2nds until they are good enough to push the older player out. I am not a fan of gifting games for development purposes, they need to earn it.

Goddard cops a fair bit of undeserved criticism on here, he is an all time club great as far as Im concerned.

10 Likes

Will probably go for one more year if he wants it. it looks like he would be meeting his KPIs

I reckon he looks cooked.

But I thought he looked cooked in 2015, so looks can be decieving

2 Likes

IMO the signs seem to point to him going on again in 2019.

1 Like

Just rest the old prick.