Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

If BJ ends up playing at another club next year, I’ll personally snot any essendon fan who boos him.
Deserves nothing but gratitude and respect.

7 Likes

Sad to see him go but the correct call by the club. He has been fantastic for us and I really thought we could have managed him better this year. A week off here or there would have been massive for him IMO and possibly could have prolonged his career with us.
Perhaps my mail that he met with Silvagni last week was correct although I’d be gutted if he went to those kents

5 Likes

If he goes to Fark Carlton I’ll boo him like I do everyone of their Fark wit players

going to his childhood club for the equinox of his career.

If not for the bounce of the ball he would have been a premiership player and damn near best on in a grand final.

Absolute champion and his contribution to the rebirth of the Essendon Football Club should never be forgotten.

10 Likes

Credit /u/triplewafer

33 Likes

IMG_8695

He would have won a flag with Hirdy coaching it if all hell hadn’t broken loose. Such a shame.

25 Likes

Thanks Brendon.

For everything.

Legend.

2 Likes

Is it strange that Goddard has played 333 games and is aged 33 years and 3 months when the news came about?

3 Likes

Ease up moons

image https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9Pobc0foaJ_wUcY_gcIF4WJLgAEk92NUn0s8E6LgxF621fG5XM_PTFlAX

1 Like

C’mon Essendon this is clearly his best photo

received_10155295954076216

10 Likes

I liked the handcuff gesture to his brother in jail when he was playing for the Saints. Got a big fine for that ( as he expected to).

Finally got a chance to see the vid of his speech…wow talk about emotional

Looks like that as great as he has been on the field for the club over the journey he has made an even bigger impact on the club behind the scenes. Hearing Hooker talk about how much Goddard helped them to prepare the right way etc was very very interesting. Just shows what a team player he was

Zac and Goddard must of been really close behind the scenes, because from about 2:10 in the vid, Zac has his head in his hands, and when you see his face he looks absolutely gutted at it all

Thanks for everything Brendan. I so hope the boys give you the send off win that you deserve and have earned!

4 Likes

Zac and BJ were there (along with Joey and Zacka) to try and hold the team together when the players got banned. I think they wanted success for him.

The amount of times Hurley mentioned him not getting the team success. That’s going to burn deep for them.

2 Likes

Yesterday is gone.
Tomorrow has not yet come.
We have only today.

Let’s all rally around Brendon this weekend if we can make the trip, to pay tribute to the man who stood by his club, our club, through thick and thin.

When we needed a voice, Brendon was there to guide the club forward, stick up for us and lead us forward.

We will never know what may have been, had time been kinder to us, maybe a flag was waiting? Maybe it wasn’t? We will never know.

But what we do know is Brendon has one game left to play, and a bright future moving forward.

I wish you all the best, Brendon, in all your future endeavours in your career and with your family.

Enjoy

4 Likes

What an absolute champion BJ has been for this club. He deserved a Premiership as much as anyone to pull on the red and black. I kinda hope he doesn’t play on anywhere else next year, but I wouldn’t begrudge him if he did.

Anyone who’s ever gone off at him for being animated on the field or tried to invent some kind of rift between him and the other players needs to watch the video of him talking to the players and see and hear the respect that they have for him. I can’t recall too many players who’ve been spoken of as highly by those inside the club as they have about BJ from the moment he arrived.

3 Likes

EFC Lifetime membership in less than 140 characters

82 Likes

I don’t think that word means what you think it means

9 Likes

I think he deserved to go out on his own terms personally, and am a bit ■■■■■■ to be honest.

Heart and soul player shown the door. The way he handled himself and guided the club through the ■■■■ storm was outstanding. No one has yet overtaken him on the field yet either.

2 Likes