Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

He is the best player we've ever brought in from another club.
And that's after one season.

Andrew Bomford is furious at this statement.

As is Sean Wellman.

He was born to be a Bomber.

love it! slap in the face to the saints, but we've had a fair share lately.

As is Sean Wellman.

I think you mean Doc Wheildon

Barnes?

Barnes?

Much better player than Barnes.

Barnes?

ok Terry Daniher.

Barnes?

ok Terry Daniher.

Now we are talking turkey.

Barnes?

ok Terry Daniher.

Now we are talking turkey.

Rene Kink says Hi!

Just like Jobe, when he speaks the whole group listen. The younger players especially hang on his every word. 

One of the best things I saw this season was at an open training; BJ and Hep were doing handball drills together, and they were going twice as fast as everyone else. Players and coaches were all just staring at them. Was brilliant to watch. 

His Finals experience will be invaluable next year. And I fully expect him to win the Norm Smith he missed out on at the Aints. This bloke loves the big stage, just like Jobe. 

Barnes?

ok Terry Daniher.

Yep, I reckon he's a better player than TD.

Goddard is an absolute gun.

TD was very good. BJ is better.

If he plays out his contract like the end of 2013 he will be a legend of the club.

Barnes?

ok Terry Daniher.

Yep, I reckon he's a better player than TD.

Goddard is an absolute gun.

TD was very good. BJ is better.

If he plays out his contract like the end of 2013 he will be a legend of the club.

That is a very big call Mero. For a lot of Bomber supporters, TD, Tim Watson and Simon Madden are untouchable hero's from their era that only Jimmy Hird has managed to join since them.

so happy with his season. Surpassed my expectation. Lead really well, stood up in the big moments. Kicked clutched goals, used it well. Great season.

When we signed him, I immediately looked forward to seeing how he would go on ANZAC Day, and he didn't dissapoint. Seems to dominate more on the G than Etihad for some weird reason.

something that has been ■■■■■■■■ me of late is the number of commentators commenting on how goodard didn't impact enough on games, didn't have enough influence forward of centre and spent too much time floating around the backline.

Now, of course everyone would like him to have more impact up forward but for the record:

1. he had the 2nd most inside 50s

2. he had the 2nd most goal assists

3. he had the most score involvements (4th on average and 2nd most of any non permanent fwd)

4. He had the most score assists

5. He had the 5th most goals

fark off (matthew white)

http://www.pro-stats.com.au/psw/web/team_player_rankings?yr=2013&sp=SE&rt=TT&fc=E4&tid=105

Was awesome.

Will continue to be awesome.

I loved his class, beautiful kicks that intersect the opposition and lightning fast hands, but his passion for the club during this season and focused aggression on the field was great to see in a guy who has just moved to a new club.

I've always thought BJ's role was to free up Heppell to go into the midfield and generally be an experienced senior player who could mentor a young list, almost like a playing couch. I don't think anyone expected him to totally dominate every game.

Massive for us . Massive. i will never complain about not drafting a superstar. The **** ***** at AFL made everyone overlook what was the recruit of the year for us.

Recruit of the year. Was simply outstanding, stepping up in big games and kicking important goals (WCE, Port). Is so important because he can play any position (except ruck of course) releasing other players to play their preferred role. Will feature heavily in the Crichton. Can't wait to see him next year too as he sounds as excited as us. 

remember when commentators were saying Lynch from the pies was the recruit of the season in round 4 :lol: ah memories.