Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

remember when commentators were saying Lynch from the pies was the recruit of the season in round 4 :lol: ah memories.

Lynch played 18 games for 9 goals as their 2nd fwd. More like the failed recruit of the season :lol:

I've always thought BJ's role was to free up Heppell to go into the midfield and generally be an experienced senior player who could mentor a young list, almost like a playing couch. I don't think anyone expected him to totally dominate every game.

You thought the role of a guy that we brought over predominately to improve our midfield on the back of a promise/recruiting pitch to play him the majority of the time in the midfield (unlike the Saints who had a tendency to throw him around) was to free up a half back flanker?

That would have been the worst 700-800K ever spent.

I've always thought BJ's role was to free up Heppell to go into the midfield and generally be an experienced senior player who could mentor a young list, almost like a playing couch. I don't think anyone expected him to totally dominate every game.

You thought the role of a guy that we brought over predominately to improve our midfield on the back of a promise/recruiting pitch to play him the majority of the time in the midfield (unlike the Saints who had a tendency to throw him around) was to free up a half back flanker?

That would have been the worst 700-800K ever spent.

i think he meant that was the bonus of having him over. Can be another voice to help out and teach young up and coming mids like Heppell, Zaka, Melksham etc. 

That would of been a major focus in getting him across, not only playing well but teaching these young guys about what it takes to be an A grade mid. Can never have too many teachers.

He has been great for us in all aspects. Yoi have you love his passion and hunger to win. Angry Ant every now and then but that’s a good thing.

Now if we’re paying Goddard 700k to 800k s season. .surley Dustin Martin is worth 600k! That kid is a monumental farkwit!

He is the best player we've ever brought in from another club.
And that's after one season.

Andrew Bomford is furious at this statement.

What about Richard Cole, Ben Haynes, Ty Zantuck,and Mark Alvey?

Sean Denham didn't go too bad. Premiership medal and a B&F. And best of all he really gave Greg Williams the ■■■■■ every time he played on him.

Gave him more than the ■■■■■!

he broke his nose in the 93 GF didn't he. Plus had a massive hand in him retiring.

Sean Denham didn't go too bad. Premiership medal and a B&F. And best of all he really gave Greg Williams the ■■■■■ every time he played on him.

That bloke Wellman wasnt half bad..........

If wellman gets a mention so too should Barnard

Bryan Wood was a great pick up

The Shotgun is furious

The silkiest kick in the league with a a lot of class!

Should have been in the all Australian!

The Shotgun is furious

As is Ben Doolan.....

Terry and Neale Daniher went alright.

no love for mark alvey, zantuck, murphy, campo, grigic, robran, phcmee, allan, cupido - this comes as a grat shock to me.

does salmon count for the purposes of this conversation.

I thought Cupido was going to be a star, played some magic games - trouble is, he thought he was one...

I thought Cupido was going to be a star, played some magic games - trouble is, he thought he was one...

Don't get me started. Probably the best kick on either foot we have had in the last decade...

Don't get me started. Probably the best kick on either foot we have had in the last decade...

Actually, no.

Dean Rioli was the best kick on either side the last 10+ years.

no love for mark alvey, zantuck, murphy, campo, grigic, robran, phcmee, allan, cupido - this comes as a grat shock to me.

does salmon count for the purposes of this conversation.

What about 'Doc' Wheildon? Or were you just referring to post 2000?