Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

Switch the word supporters to senior players and you are spot on

I still remember watching Goddard retirement speech to the players. Zac Merrett was in tears and looking gutted. The captain looked relaxed, just lounging around.

1 Like

Honestly either result’s better than 10-12 wins at 100% for the rest of time.

1 Like

I miss him. I still remember the day they announced we got it. I was so happy.

4 Likes

Never forger the professionalism he exhibited during the biggest ■■■■ sandwich ever being dished up to him.

8 Likes

We were ■■■■ with BJ, we are ■■■■ without BJ. Makes very little difference.

1 Like

Was one of my favourites and don’t believe he was as finished as some on here believed.

Only issue would be him keeping out a Redman or Ridley for another year and that couldn’t happen.

1 Like

at least you knew someone was as filthy as us mouth breathers.

Name 3 players we have that would be setting us up around the ground. Our players are so absorbed in their own game that they wouldn’t even notice where their teammates are standing. Anyone who saw the vision pre match with Jono brown would see that.

His problem was, he was to honest in his appraisals. Hated losing and blew a fuse when it happened. Hope he becomes coach although I doubt he will.

18 Likes

What a load of rubbish.

2 Likes

One looks like a focussed athlete and the other looks like a fat retired dude.

11 Likes

MOOB SWEAT

2 Likes

Oh man! Why did you draw my attention to that?

1 Like

Meh, it took you 26 days to reply?

Check the footage of his retirement speech and get back to me

As a caddy, hopefully Goddard can point him in the right direction

10 Likes

Love BJ, would love him back as a coach

6 Likes

BJ did some great stuff at our club. Didn’t deserve the mess that he ended up helping us deal with. But I don’t think of BJ as an essendon person. I doubt he does. I think he’s a saint who came to us because he wanted a flag before he retired. No problem with that, but it does distinguish him from others who are Essendon 1, 2, 3 and then every other club equal last. Except fark carlton who are even further back because they are completely irrelevant to AFL.

Great thing about BJ was he was a professional footballer. He wanted to play with other professionals and, sadly, this sometimes blew up into on-field altercations. If a few more teammates had adopted his level of professionalism, we’d be in a better place.

2 Likes

I respectfully disagree, Ewok.

BJ will always be an Essendon person to me. He stood up for the club when we needed someone to and wore his heart on his sleeve every time he put the jumper on.

Remember his tweet to Mike Fitzpatrick? He should never have to buy his own beer in a pub with Bombers supporters until he dies.

26 Likes