Friday Quiz - classic commentary

Forever since we’ve had one of these.

Ok, I’ve transcribed fifteen classic AFL commentary moments. And I’ve taken out some words. Your job is to fill them in.

If I’ve put ****** that’s just taking an extra word out that makes it too much of a dead giveaway what moment it is. You are only filling in the blank (underscored) bits.

Exact wording accepted only.

Max three attempts at a time (once I’ve told you yes/no, you can go again). When you get one right, wait 15min before having another crack to give others a go at getting one.

LET’S GO

1. Stevens on the mark, has he crept up a yard or so? Gives it his best… ___________ That is the mark of the year!
    MODRA! (smooth)

2. Fletcher to bring it back into play, goes straight down the middle. Lovely kick, almost to the centre of the ground. Williams, waits at the back, but it’s to his opposite number Denham. In the middle, now ****** ______________. Away goes ******, 50 metres out… still going! 30 metres out! Oh what play! ________________
    Look at this boy go!
    Was it touched on the line? No! (rama2000)

3. Mark taken by Mensch, he’s got a player on the lead, they’ve gotta take a mark, it’s gotta be ****** or ****** OH! Oh what a finish! Eight seconds left! If he kicks a point it’ll be another tie. Don’t tell me! The siren’s gonna sound. How do you like that for pressure? Well his coach ****** knows all about that. This is your moment ******, go back and belt this straight through the middle. Well he’s had a rough and rolling season, down and out and back he comes, can he finish it off with a goal? _______________
    Billy, you are king of Geelong! (smooth)

4. Heads along the boundary line, oh good mark by Cox. Cox throws it on to the left, one last roll of the dice for the Eagles ___________________
    LEO BARRY YOU STAR! (SplitRound)

5. McDougall heads for the boundary line. Maybe Murphy should have kicked. Bullen… ******! ******! ________________________
    The fairytale is complete! (Koala)

6. IT’S A ONE POINT BALL GAME! _____________________! Collingwood by a point. Kicked back into play. Winderlich’s got it, handball over the top here. Here it comes, Lovett-Murray! He found the target! An opportunity for ________________
    IT’S ABSOLUTELY PSSING DOWN HERE AT THE G!
    ZAHARAKIS! (scotty21)

7. Siren could go any second. ****** need a goal… ________________! Class with a capital ******!
    NICK DAVIS! NICK DAVIS! I DON’T BELIEVE IT! I SEE IT, BUT I DON’T BELIEVE IT! (Saucy)

8. Mackay, to the wing position on the members’ stand side _________________
    Oh Jesaulenko! You beauty! (rama2000)

9. As Schoenmakers goes inside fifty. They’re all one on one. Puopolo went up with the full force of his body, and now Roughead… _________________
    That was out of bounds! (scotty21)

10. Again out of the centre. Lalich doing well, to Heffernan, second time he’s taken it out in a minute. Lucas read it best, wrong side for him, hooks it b…___________________
    OHHHHH WHAT A MARK! (BAAKKEERRRR)

11. Handball comes out to Callum Mills. He looks back inside with a sizzling little low drop punt. Here’s Buddy Franklin. Knocked away by Morris. Couldn’t mark it, Naismith, Kennedy handball out to Buddy. Buddy tackled by Morris, dropping the ball. ****** took the advantage and played on from inside the centre square…_________________________
    BOYD’S KICKED A GOAL. BOYD’S KICKED A GOAL. FROM INSIDE THE…FAHK (Saucy)

12. What a day for the ****** after…whoa hang on, might not be over yet. Five seconds to go, oh he let it bounce! ____________________! Can you believe it!
    Thirteen! ThirtEEEEN! (scotty21)

13. Into the path of Montagna, they’ve got men back. Riewoldt in the middle calling for the football. Schneider, will he give it to Riewoldt? He will. Riewoldt comes in, ******! Oh my goodness! Wonderful chase by ******. ___________________
    He came up behind him like a librarian (scotty21)

14. This is better than a fairytale. You can’t dream these scenarios. ****** in his 200th game. A behind will create a draw, a goal will give the ****** an incredible victory. ****** comes in… it’s on it’s way! It’s there! ________________
    The miracle on grass! (scotty21)

15. Bombers are ready to go to work. Francis takes it wide. McKenna eventually gets it under his control. Oh what confidence! He kicks it, Clarke almost. Fantasia, been missing all day. Laverde in the square. Pulses racing everywhere! Oh who else! _____________________
    McDonald-Tipungwuti! (Saucy)

1. The fairytale is complete!
1 Like

BANG!

1 Like
  1. Boyd’s kicked a goal from inside the center square, F**K!
3 Likes

#2 - Now michael long look at this boy go! Away goes michael long, 50 metres out still going! 30 metres out! oh what a play! it may have been touched on the line? NO! one of the plays of the year

1 Like

Exact wording only please.

You are very very close.

1. MODRAAAAA!!!
1 Like
  1. McDonald-Tipungwuti!!!
1 Like

BANG!

1 Like

Definitely a favourite XD

BANG!

BANG!

Can i go again? I can get #4 easy haha

Part 2 “Zaharakis. Zaharakis has kicked the goal! The Bombers are in front at the G!”
Is Part 1 “Ryder rises to the heights again” or something?

He came up behind him like a librarian

1 Like
  1. Leo Barry you star?
2 Likes

Right moment, wrong commentary source

BANG!

That was out of bounds

1 Like

BANG!