Gai Williams - Board nominee

Thanks for the promotion but I am not the president of the EWN - I am just on the committee. We try to strike a balance between the cheap and cheerful events with the players and the more expensive events like the Grand Final Comedy debate but corporate entertaining appears to be expensive and much of that is controlled by the club.

This is LeonBaker1984Q4BlindTurn level quoting, iā€™m impressed.

On a serious note, welcome Gai.

watch it

This is LeonBaker1984Q4BlindTurn level quoting, iā€™m impressed.

On a serious note, welcome Gai.

Given that you are president of the Women's Network, which prices it's functions and activities beyond the reach of most women, and is definitely not inclusive of all EFC female supporters, but is in fact a haven for wealthy, elderly white women, I would like to know if this is the same attitude you would bring to the board?

Hopefully you wil ask a similar question of the wealthy elderly white male candidates.

If they ran an exclusive ā€˜Menā€™s Networkā€™ I certainly would.

Thatā€™s what a board always was. I am sure a lot of people think it still should be.

We need some cut throat ambitious Melbourne Uni students, from what Iā€™ve heard from friends they burn bridges with reckless abandon.

Hi, Gai :slight_smile:

Mr Porter, a fellow prospective board member (and in another thread) has repeatedly stated he will endeavour to push membership numbers to reach the 70,000 figure.

I would like to know if youā€™d push towards, say, 80,000 instead? I think it is a more impressive number.

Too funny.

Way too regulated to give away. Give me a prescription and all will be well.

Damnit.

Also, one rare occasion were I actually would have read a PM (personal message) on this forum.

Hi Gai, what is your opinion on Tippa?

Hi Gai,

Good on you for putting yourself out there and good luck. If you were elected to the board, what would be the biggest change you would make to improve the club?

Regards,
Matt

Hi Gai,

Good on you for putting yourself out there and good luck. If you were elected to the board, what would be the biggest change you would make to improve the club?

Regards,
Matt

I could not change anything on my own but I have listened to a lot of members at the footy over the last few years and many feel they are not being listened to by the club. I would like to be their voice. Plus country members are so loyal and have very little access to players and I think that needs to be addressed. The Board also needs better communication with the members. Most people donā€™t even know who they are! We need a conduit for members to address the Board apart from the AGM.
aay th

An expert pharmacist but a rookie blitzer, just quote it and press enter a few times to write below it to answer the questions in one post
Thanks for the tip. Obviously I am not standing for the board on my IT skills!
An expert pharmacist but a rookie blitzer, just quote it and press enter a few times to write below it to answer the questions in one post

What sort of time do you register for the 2k time trial?

Hi, Gai :)

Mr Porter, a fellow prospective board member (and in another thread) has repeatedly stated he will endeavour to push membership numbers to reach the 70,000 figure.

I would like to know if youā€™d push towards, say, 80,000 instead? I think it is a more impressive number.

I donā€™t know about pushing for too many more members. We need more current members to attend games! Also poses great problems when you make finals - have some Collingwood friends who are very disappointed at finals time with the lack of ticket availability.

What sort of time do you register for the 2k time trial?

Leave the poor woman alone Ben - next youā€™ll be asking about skin folds and AOD

Inappropriate question for a Board candidate. Anyway, she would have beaten Ray.

I laughed.

https://www.google.com/search?q="it+guy"+"time+trial"+site%3Abomberblitz.com

I laughed.

https://www.google.com/search?q="it+guy"+"time+trial"+site%3Abomberblitz.com

You got it

RIP Bomb Doe.

As someone who has met and dealt with Gai on many occasions I can fully endorse her character and nomination for the board. I will be voting for Gai as I believe her to be a person of utmost integrity and honesty. A more die hard bomber you will not find and Gaiā€™s businesses are run impeccably. Gai is a very respected local businessperson and contributor to the local community. I look forward to sharing a latte and another bomber chat with you at your shop soon Gai.

To the many blitzers on here who will have genuine questions for Gai, ask away and Iā€™m sure sheā€™ll answer with her customary honesty but please donā€™t waste her time with some of the other drivel that doesnā€™t even warrant reading let alone warrant a response. Good luck to you Gai, my family and I sincerely hope you succeed (yet again) in this, your latest endeavour.

As someone who has met and dealt with Gai on many occasions I can fully endorse her character and nomination for the board. I will be voting for Gai as I believe her to be a person of utmost integrity and honesty. A more die hard bomber you will not find and Gai's businesses are run impeccably. Gai is a very respected local businessperson and contributor to the local community. I look forward to sharing a latte and another bomber chat with you at your shop soon Gai.

To the many blitzers on here who will have genuine questions for Gai, ask away and Iā€™m sure sheā€™ll answer with her customary honesty but please donā€™t waste her time with some of the other drivel that doesnā€™t even warrant reading let alone warrant a response. Good luck to you Gai, my family and I sincerely hope you succeed (yet again) in this, your latest endeavour.

Well Mr Sunbury - I thank you for your honesty and passionate endorsement. Really.
Consider, though, that a few of the ā€˜drivelā€™ type of questions may actually be asked for a reason.
Most educated persons worth their salt can rattle off canned answers that will appease the majority. Only a few can deal with curve-balls and hit home runs.