Game Day - Essington v Kochie’s Army

Let Jai Caldwell punch him out.

1 Like

I hate Port Adelaide. They’ve had Wanganeen, Hardwick, Ryder, Monfries and now Fantasia from us for sweet F A in return. I hope we well and truly bury them.

7 Likes

Don’t forget Cocky.

4 Likes

I have never been to Adelaide Oval, what are the dimensions like in comparison to other grounds?
Essendon by 4 pts tippa with 6 goals

5 Likes

We need to switch Lav and Hooker IMO. Need extra height down back and I think Lav also provides a great 1 on 1 contest up forward, is generally good for a goal or two and much better at ground level than Hooker.

I am day drinking bigtime today

13 Likes

I am not.

2 Likes

Let Lav settle into a new role that he is showing great capability towards. Atm player development is the number 1 priority. Injuries aside, I think he can have a great career as a defender.

3 Likes

It would be a big ask for Laverde to take on Dixon. The guy is a monster. We actually have no one around to do the job, so the plan will be to limit his grabs to the boundaries. Will this work? Unlikely.

1 Like

It is a big ask, I like that he is (most likely) being given the task. Let’s see if he can do it.

I would like to see Ridley take Dixon and for Francis to play the Ridley role.

laverde should absolutely get first crack at dixon. he held up just fine against Hawkins

3 Likes

So Ridley the Francis role, and Francis the Ridley role?

3 Likes

Did this actually happen? I thought Stewart had Hawkins most of that game?

Francis had a poor game last week but let’s please not rip into the lad if he struggles against Dixon - it’s a pretty clear mismatch from the outset.

Same goes for Laverde or Ridley for that matter.

Dixon is a 200cm 107kg bull - the only defender we have that can match him physically is Hooker.

All we can ask of our young backline is that they compete hard to make Port have to earn every goal. Hopefully we’re helped out by better pressure further up the ground this week as well.

12 Likes

Hahahha what. Ridley is the least likely out of the 3.

He has barely any muscle.

Dixon likes to wrestle.

The usual suspects will look to blame somebody if we get beaten badly.

I fear for Francis, Langford & Snelling.

2 Likes

Fk it.

We’re gunna win.

1 Like

I will give Langford or Snelling all the latitude in the world if they get asked to play on Dixon.