Game Day - Rd 11 versus West Coast Marghetts

Josh Green gut running is a thing of beauty

1 Like

TIPPA to kick 8.

Won’t be enough.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/1993/051819930328.html

(Sumich 7.8 from 16 disposals!)

Wait, Dean Margetts is actually umpiring our game tonight? I thought Blitz was just taking the ■■■■. What the ■■■■?

4 Likes

That game was an early sign of things to come from that side. That was peak early 90s eagles away just off winning a flag and we went over and very nearly rolled them.

Hird
Mercuri
Misiti
Long

All 20+ possessions

2 Likes

Why would you expect otherwise?

Not sure if he’s one of the umpires then flying to SA to ruin that game as well.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see how our group faces this next challenge, I’m bullish about our chances tonight.

1 Like

Ditto the 1993 game versus Norf (kicking off the actual rivalry/good games sequence from 1993 to 2001). We got monstered in the last quarter (McAdam* ended with 6 goals, Longmire 6, Carey 4) but that game was epic.

*It was his tenth game, and he already had 52 goals. What happened?!?

3 Likes

I don’t think we will win, but I think we will be ultra competitive and take the game deep into the final qtr.

Which I would be happy with quite frankly

1 Like

Ftfy

2 Likes

I shouldn’t be surprised. It is the ■■■■■■■ AFL, and the word “integrity” is foreign to them. It would be a huge kick in the guts to the players if they give it their all tonight, only for this muppet to involve himself late and get the Eagles over the line

I wasn’t confident before. I thought a 20 point loss but after considering the Margetts factor, I’m increasing that to 38 points.

Will it pass by game time?

Hopefully Optus Stadium drainage is tip top

Ok, things in our favor:

Shouldn’t be pelting down with rain
We have won 2 in a row so our confidence is up We genuinely believe we are capable of winning against teams in the bottom of the 8 after narrow losses to Swans and GWS
We flown over a couple of days early to get acclimatized
Had a full training session at their ground, plus a captains run, this is ideal preparation for an away game that is usually not afforded.
Our team has youthful exuberance and lack of entitlement, and won’t be dismayed by poor umpiring calls.
We really took a leap last week hitting targets inside 50
Stringer is back, and we have legit forwards in our fwd line. Hooker, Stringer, Walla, 2MP, Snelling all kick multiple goals consistently, and Perkins is just hitting his stride.
This is our best midfield in ages
West Coast will underestimate us

6 Likes

Need to bring some heat.
Need to NOT kick it directly to Barass. McGovern out is a blessing.
If the Weagles have 150+ uncontested marks we done diddly done for.
Liam Ryan needs a clamp.
Someone needs to give Yeo’s groin a workout

Would like to see Cox go head to head with gaff

1 Like

:confused::confused::confused:

3 Likes

Desperately need to start well tonight - can’t let a quality interstate side jump us early again, as per the Bris & Port games.

If we start well and get our confidence up early, I reckon we’re a decent shot at rolling them.

1 Like

WCE aren’t a good team.Tonight, on paper, the talent gap is minimal. If we bring our intensity we can definitely take it to them.

4 Likes

Glad we have support in the West. Nice to see some crowds at the footy. Let’s see some showers of beer on @westozziebomber 's beanie.

10 Likes

I think we are in better nick than west coast at the moment but winning over there is bloody hard. Naitanui vs Phillips and our ability to keep all of Kennedy/Darling/Allen quiet will decide it.

Nice not having to worry about McGovern taking a billion marks

1 Like