Game Day - Rd 11 versus West Coast Marghetts

Just to temper expectations, WC’s winning margin at home this year is 6 goals. If we can get closer than that it won’t be a bad effort. Hoping for better obviously, but some perspective is needed.

1 Like

Yeah you’re not wrong lol

MrHeff saw Margetts umpiring for us and told me he’d look after remote control tonight.

25 Likes

Wow the speed of Heppell.

I reckon we’ll genuinely miss Jones’ pressure work up forward and hard running today. Love what Stringer brings, but those are areas that he’s not particularly known for. Having said that, on paper we match up decently well with WC, so I’m looking forward to seeing how we go. Still expecting a fairly convincing WC win, though.

13 Likes

Any WA Blotzers going along tonight, we need your your help. Be the 19th man!!

Maybe wear something a little more discreet than this…

@westozziebomber

10 Likes

We’re gonna get reamed.

It’s the vibe of it

1 Like

Nah.

Go bombers.

LOL at thread title.

2 Likes

he always margetts results!

1 Like

It’s ■■■■■■■ down

Essendon by 23
Stringer and Tippa with 5 goals each
Parish 45 disposals

1 Like

Can this we send through to the club? If Brasher or Rutten call it out, at least we’re not taking it lying down.

1 Like

Win or lose, whatever, I just don’t want to see the whole game West Coast kick marking it wherever they want and waltzing it into their forward line with little pressure as a result. If they’re gonna win, make them earn it at least. Pressure the ■■■■■ into the ground. Blitz them through the midfield. Pressure. Pressure. Pressure.

7 Likes

Don’t be so stupid. That’s just not realistic.

He’s going to get 145 disposals.

2 Likes

Ooft, I think you’re right

:wink:

I hope he doesn’t slack off in the third quarter after having that in the first half. That’s been our Achilles heel all year.

3 Likes

Just realized that we have got Dalgleish as well. We’re screwed

1 Like

I expect to play well in the first half. Sometime late in the first quarter and then about halfway through the second, we will kick out to a 3-4 goal lead and look good doing it.

Each time, immediately after the goal that gives us our biggest lead to that point, West Coast will receive a ruck free at the center bounce and kick a goal. 30 seconds later, they will win a clearance, will kick deep to a contest cleanly spoiled by an Essendon player but he will accidentally make contact with the head, resulting in a free kick and 50 metre penalty. About two minutes after this, an Essendon player will play on from a set shot 30 in front of goal and will pass to another player who will either kick it out on the full or fail to mark it altogether. The resulting passage of play will produce another Eagles goal, and whatever lead we have will be nearly gone.

Count on this happening at least once and maybe twice.

Then in the 4th, we will fall off and the Eagles will kick away, because our players will be so baffled by the rules interpretations that they will stop tackling and attempting to spoil marks.

6 Likes