Game Day thread - Ess v Saints. Time to see the truth... Or are weLyon

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone got 2 spare tickets for today’s game? Happy to pay. Taking a friend for their first afl game. Thanks and go bombers!

2 Likes

73k + against Hawthorn…Hawthorn…in round one.

smfh…we’re all mad.

We should lock that in, and bring back the March to the ‘G.
Just to celebrate the new season, not for a protest. Just for solidarity and the vibe and to assert dominance and because it really is a lot of fun.

12 Likes

Lid firmly twisted on. With a brick on top. And superglue in the grooves.

Well team v team I reckon we would defeat the Saints, but I don’t believe we can defeat Ross Lyon. Not hopeful. :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

I am confident that if we score more than they do, no matter who their coach is, we will win

3 Likes

lol.
Honestly, I have no idea what the result will be.
Anything from that 2015 massacre that I sat through (most of), to the reverse.

If it was at the ‘G, I’d be going myself, on the back of a couple of nightshifts, because I’m completely mad, too.

Go Laverde! Our forward secret weapon!
Kick five!

3 Likes

The fact St Kilda during the week have been put on some Brisbane 2001-2003 like pedestal from some posters on here is not only staggering but hilarious.

They have a good coach and a reasonable list. Not great but reasonable. You could make the same case for us.

Had the Saints played Sydney in Sydney last weekend? Would’ve been the same result as us.

We will be in this game up to our eyeballs.

6 Likes

Yeah pound for pound we have more talent than st kilda.

But they’re way fitter and have a far, far superior coach who knows how to teach defence

Wood and Henry out is massive, much bigger than them missing King.

Their running capacity is very important to the way they play.

Hill, Wanganeen Milera and Sinclair are the danger.

2 Likes

Very tired thought…put Zerrett on WM.

This is the type of home game we should be playing at the G seeing as it’s available today…

12 Likes

Looking forward to today. First home game at the dome in what feels like ages!

The outs for both teams are pretty significant and evens things out a bit.

Expect I’ll lose my voice halfway through the first quarter…

3 Likes

Even though still ■■■■■■ at the club over Wright guilty plea debacle going to go in today, had been very deflated all week and was not going to in spite

Few beers with some mates in what should be a hotly contested game with a big crowd and I’ll fire up again

We took it right up to Sydney, level at half time. Only down by 11 half way through last. We absolutely can beat St Kilda who also have a heap of outs, far more than we do

We surely will have reviewed/worked hard on transition problems & be better this week

Dons by 15

1 Like

Final game of 2008 all over again

Just saw St Kilda’s outs. I feel slightly more confident

Go Dons! Burg me up!

Get on the Grill’d promo blitzers

1 Like

Whoa, whoa, whoa

What’s this ?

Imagine if the Saints had the messiah, Patrick Voss playing for them. They’d be unstoppable.

But they don’t.

Dons by 17 points.

4 Likes

Fark St Kilda

1 Like

…what on earth is that

1 Like