Game Day thread - Ess v Saints. Time to see the truth... Or are weLyon

Bomberblitz has been at war this week about where the Club is at. Today we get a chance to see how bad or good things are.

Saints are a decent team, but are we as bad as what some say? We find out today.

19 Likes

Bombers by 70+

6 Likes

A hard, intense, to-and-fro game ending in a narrow and heartbreaking defeat.

1 Like

Weā€™re gonna farkin win!

7 Likes

Dont do it to yourself. Enjoy the day off and check how much we lost by tonight

6 Likes

Iā€™m going along

Nothing else to do todayā€¦

2 Likes

Im looking forward to this and its going to be the 1st game I go to in 2024.
I thought we were very good against a pumped up Sydney on their own turf last week, and weā€™ll get some top class players back in Parish & Redman. The Saints scraped over the line against a Collingwood team that is just going early seasonā€¦and are without King, Mason Wood & accumulator Crouchā€¦We are a red hot chance to win this oneā€¦
I fully expect Hind & Gresham to go beserk agaist their old teamā€¦!!

15 Likes

Iā€™ll be at the ground, as usual, busting a blood vessel, screaming my head off.

11 Likes

Redman would want to have a massive game. Has done very little since his large contract win and cost us last week.

We have enough firepower to win without 2MP. If we apply more defensive pressure we win by 17

5 Likes

Itā€™s a tough one to work out. How do you assess our loss? Swans look like a top team and we scored 100 again and weā€™re in the game until late.

Saints had an honourable loss against Cats and then beat a bad Collingwood.

Both have key forwards out but I think the sum of our ins and outs are better than theirs.

All week I have expected to lose this game but now that I look at the teams and ā€œformā€ I think we have a better team on paper. If we can play with the ā€œedgeā€ and kick straight I think we win.

5 Likes

Will be there. Beat the hawks as expected, served it up to the Swans but lost by 30 (prob as expected) so this will be a good indication of where weā€™re at. Was impressed by the Saints against the KKK. Do we soar to heaven or fall into the bows of hell against the Saints?

Lid on!

1 Like

Saints are a decent side with some key outs. If we fix up our defensive pressure, weā€™re a great chance. If we donā€™t, it could be ugly.

Lid off!

4 Likes

Itā€™s more hope than expecting a good performance today. Team selection is putrid. Bland, conservative and favouring experienced players over youth. We will get a serious pantsing today if we donā€™t work hard, because one thing youā€™re guaranteed with this Saints team is they will run to exhaustion. Playing two rucks and no genuine key forward. A lot resting on Langford and Stringer. Small forward stocks are comically bad. Iā€™d be thrilled with a win but expecting a loss.

1 Like

Iā€™m a little under the weather so cannot go.
If anyone wants a ticket or wants to save themselves paying general admin entry fee, PM me with your email address and Iā€™ll forward my seat to you.

Itā€™s one ticket only. If you wish to use the reserved seat, it is on level 1, in the forward pocket on the city side a few bays away from the cheer squad.

4 Likes

Tickets selling out fast - if your planning on going buy one now:

https://x.com/marvelstadiumau/status/1773826020170445079?s=46&t=0PnkwyrjQHK2d2Mt3vDIcQ

ā€œPublic GA and Reserved tickets are sold out for todayā€™s match. Standing Room is available until allocation exhausted.ā€

2 Likes

20 goal loss coming up. RTB going to make us regret trying to put him through a process.

1 Like

Thatā€™s insane.
Imagine what the crowd would be at the ā€˜G.
Against St Kilda.
When weā€™re rubbish.
And our full forward just got suspended.
In this economy.

8 Likes