Game Day Thread - GWS, round 15 of 2019

my boy is already to go.

20 Likes

All we need is the normal, typical, usual AFL game result tonight.
Normally we win at docklands.
Usually they lose in Melbourne.

1 Like

Never regarded Essendon 3040 as odd beforeā€¦

Never mind, . I countered that by finally getting around to covering the Norf logo on the number plates of the vehicle I bought last year with Bomber ones today, ā€¦ so weā€™re all good on the Karma front, ā€¦ :+1:

I should have done it sooner,ā€¦ itā€™s likely Iā€™m completely responsible for our poor showing this year, ā€¦ sorry Blitz. :no_mouth:

(Now that situation is remedied though, I guess we wonā€™t be losing another game , . so youā€™re all welcome.)

4 Likes

Good dogā€¦

2 Likes

I dreamed last night that Gown played.
He had eight kicks, no handballs, six marks and kicked 3.1.

And blitz said he was rubbish.

4 Likes

Did we win?

1 Like

It is if itā€™s full of dogs in Hooker jumpers.
Essendon 3040 - Iā€™d expect to at least see a couple of Whippets in no. 42, and a few large playful Mutts with hip issues wearing 6

1 Like

I blame Woosha for not doing it for you.

1 Like

Then he should have said ā€œweā€

Anyway I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Its just that its unusual. Especially for a coach under pressure.

Heading to the game. Go Bombers.
One way or another its a big night.

2 Likes

ā– ā– ā– ā–  I hate Thursday night games (when we are involved).

I should add: and when weā€™re going to get smashed.

6 Likes

Stats check out, if the umps pay the two blatant holds ten metres out from our goals.

Itā€™s not you - itā€™s me.

We lose every game that I either a) tip the Bombers, or b) I touch any of my supporter gear on a game day that I am not attending (live in Canberra so donā€™t get to many).

As for tonight, I have not tipped the Dons since we lost to St Kilda in Rd 2, so Iā€™ve got that part covered. But I am 99% sure that a Bombers beanie is sitting on top of my cricket bat that I need to use shortly so we may as well bet on the Giants.

Dammit

2 Likes

No need to actually touch the Beanie though, is there? :thinking:

2 Likes

I have a glimmer of hope because GWS form away from home has been poor. Realistically between this game and West Coke, I think this was the game we were more likely to win. Am I being overly optimistic or just stupid?

What a beauty!!! Wasnā€™t he your profile pic?? Get him back haha

1 Like

I agree. Reminds me of when Pagan coach Carlton.

4 Likes

You make a good point.

Iā€™ll send one of the kids up there to move the beanie. And then wash the handle, just to be sure.

4 Likes