Game Day Thread - Round 3 vs Melbourne

ITS TIME

11 Likes

1 Like

All correct except for the four point part. Weā€™ll be lucky to kick four points.

Iā€™m actually quite bullish. Made the trek over from WA and look forward to seeing the boys have a red hot go.

18 Likes

Same. Opting not to watch though. I am going to shield my family from having to deal with me if we make the effort to go watch and lose.

Have been doing it for years. Pinnacle was getting a pub in Ireland to open at 8am to watch us play Adelaide in the 2009 finals. Pint in hand I had a team of Irish and they kept saying at what point do you stop watchingā€¦

2017 vs Brisbane. Found a sports pub in Rappongi. Took the whole family. We had to beg for a free TV as the pacquiao horn fight was on at the same time. Horn wins entire focus comes onto our game. We spontaneously combust as Brisbane smash us in the last qtr.

Sending my best to all fellow blitzers gloomers or clappers like me.

Enjoy the match. Clap clap clap.

5 Likes

Really looking forward to us having another goalless 1st qtr and basically sh it ting ourselves whenever they go near us. Those blind handballs really work. Looking at you Zaka.

2 Likes

Backing Essendon to not only kick the first goal let alone one in the first 2 mins is simply courageos
punting!!!

Ill take 1 just any time in the first qtr.

1 Like

What cut of chicken do you prefer at THE ROYAL?

The breastā€¦

Ha ha

The only disappointing thing is Mark Harvey still having a job.

4 Likes

iā€™m curious at what number clanger into the first 5 mins of the game, do people start calling for worsfold to be sacked ?

it was interesting watching so many call for it last week in the game thread

Iirc, the previous goal to put us in front was a very strong grab from Langford.

Fast forward a few years and both are still fringe players.

1 Like

I would love to slide a door right on Barretā€™s face

4 Likes

Ditto

Still amazed he got given the gig in the first place after his disaster at Freo. The more you read from ex freo players about him, the worse the decision gets

If our mids allow Melbourne to have 72 inside 50ā€™s we will lose by 80 points. Hope they just show something tonight but not optimistic at all

2 Likes

I still donā€™t think we can kick a winning score.

1 Like

Our midfield has to stand up tonight. If they donā€™t this could get really really ugly. If we can break even in the midfield I would back our talent up forward and down back to do some damage

Starting well is absolutely vital. Start well, take your chances early and watch the confidence of the group rise.

Bellchambers is a key tonight, been terrible for the first 2 weeks, has to hold his own against Gawn

I think we can, but we have to get the ball down there. And the mids need to kick it to the forwards advantage

I think it will be a low scoring affair with the ball mainly travelling between the arcs.

Prediction Efc 10.12 72 defeat Melbourne 9.12 66

1 Like

Is anyone else more excited about the bomberblitz roast after the game than the actual game?

8 Likes