Game of Thrones TV show mega thread

How can Varys ever return to Kings Landing? He'll be implicated in the murders and the prison break now. Was that a better call than to just go back to the city?

I think he realised that Tyrion's little "scorched earth" policy had burnt all of his bridges as well, and the best plan was to bail while he still had his head.  You can imagine Cersai's reaction when she is told "Your dad has been crossbowed to death while sitting on the can, and the Imp-brother that you hate (and was found guilty of your son's poisoning by means of proxy in a trial by combat), seems to have coincidentally escaped from the dungeon!". I imagine she will be a tad miffed and will assume he may have had some help.  Probably not a good time to be a despised, nefarious bald eunich of dubious sexuality with a foreign accent, who has just collaborated with the brother/incestious-lover of the psycho Queen regent. 

[spoiler]

I'm very thick, I did not piece together that Shae and Tywin were banging. Glad he killed them both

[/spoiler]

that's an awesome summation if I ever did see one.
spewing about the hound...

This is TV, and more specifically, Game of Thrones. You ain't dead until you're shown with your insides are on the outside

Well, they did show some bone poking out from his leg. Does that count?

Brienne vs Hound was the most brutal fight of the whole show, yes, even more than Oberyn. It was gritty.

Heart Brienne.

They freaking smashed the **** out of each other, the longer it went the harder it got. I was just going fark fark fark fark fark fark  and they were going smash smash smash smash smash. And she bit his freaking ear... fark smash fark smash fark smash

How can Varys ever return to Kings Landing? He'll be implicated in the murders and the prison break now. Was that a better call than to just go back to the city?

I think he realised that Tyrion's little "scorched earth" policy had burnt all of his bridges as well, and the best plan was to bail while he still had his head.  You can imagine Cersai's reaction when she is told "Your dad has been crossbowed to death while sitting on the can, and the Imp-brother that you hate (and was found guilty of your son's poisoning by means of proxy in a trial by combat), seems to have coincidentally escaped from the dungeon!". I imagine she will be a tad miffed and will assume he may have had some help.  Probably not a good time to be a despised, nefarious bald eunich of dubious sexuality with a foreign accent, who has just collaborated with the brother/incestious-lover of the psycho Queen regent. 

She might be happy cause now it's looks like she won't get married to the brother of the hot queen

She might be happy cause now it's looks like she won't get married to the brother of the hot queen

Also don't think she's going to let Margery anywhere near Tommen now. The Lannisters were only held together by their father. With him gone I don't think Jamie and Cercei are going to last very long. 

(haven't read the books)

Imagine the outroar if Jamie leaves the Kings Guard, marries Cercei and they rule over the iron throne. 

BEST.EPISODE.EVER.

Had to wait until tonight to watch it, and it was better than expected.

The Hound v Brienne fight was epic, I think at one point he actually kicked her in the Kent.

Arya’s scene at the end was way more powerful than I’d expected. She’s just had people telling her what to do for years and now she’s on her own mission, whatever that is.

Brans scene was cool, poor Jojen, but he’d outlived his usefullness. Good to see Bran wreaking Hodor again. And what did the tree mean by “You will fly”? Anyone else Imagine Dragons?

I’m not sure the Cersei and Jaime scene was necessary, but whatever. I suppose there’s some people out there following the ‘love story’. Telling Tywin about it was pretty full on, it was the first time he looked vulnerable.

Tywin getting killed is awesome for Tyrion and awesome for all the Stark fans wanting Lannister blood, but it also leaves a massive political vacuum. And Varys GTFO Dodge? I would have thought he’d thrive in the chaos.

And I’m a bit thick, but did they imply how long Shae was porking Tywin? Has it only been since the trial, or has she always been working for Tywin. Did she love Tyrion, or was she just a ■■■■■? Remember Varys gave her diamonds to fark off? I’m assuming it must have just been since the trial.

Also, I only questioned this tonight, but why did Tywin give Jaime a name completely different to his own, but give Tyrion a name so close to his own, if he despised him?

Oh, very sad about the girl Drogon killed, and sadder still when she shackled Viseryon and Rhaegal.

And what was with Cersei letting Qyburn work on The Mountain? He said something about possibly making him stronger? FFS.

Edited: added a few paragraphs…

Brienne vs Hound was the most brutal fight of the whole show, yes, even more than Oberyn. It was gritty.

Heart Brienne.

They freaking smashed the **** out of each other, the longer it went the harder it got. I was just going fark fark fark fark fark fark  and they were going smash smash smash smash smash. And she bit his freaking ear... fark smash fark smash fark smash

Mike Tyson would have been proud of the Brienne pulling the Hound's ear of with his teeth.

Also wannabe there is no doubt the Hound kicked her in the Clark.

If you look in Game of Thrones fan forums there's usually a discussion happening about "fantasy GOT match-ups" where people debate who would be the best fighter out of say "Ned Stark vs Khal drago", or "Jorah Mormont vs Barristan Selmy", or "The Mountain vs The Hound".

That fight between the Hound and Brienne was one of the most brutal and gut wrenching Ive ever seen played out. I've seen more gore, and I've seen prettier skills, and longer, more drawn out, but that battle just seemed so real. Falling over, dirty tricks, using fists, biting. No fairy tale finish, no cheering crowds, no ring and no sensational special effects. No killer "finishing move".

Heart Brienne.

Yep loved it. The words 'totally wailing on each other' were mentioned in my house hold.

good summary wannabe.
if I have to see Jamie throw a leg over cersei one more time I think i’ll spew up.

good summary wannabe.
if I have to see Jamie throw a leg over cersei one more time I think i'll spew up.

Mmm hmm. I was starting to like him because he had the hots for Brienne and Cercei was being a right ho to him. But he's gone and started playing hide the sausage with her again. I can't wait for them to both die. I assume they both die because it's GoT.

good summary wannabe.
if I have to see Jamie throw a leg over cersei one more time I think i'll spew up.

Mmm hmm. I was starting to like him because he had the hots for Brienne and Cercei was being a right ho to him. But he's gone and started playing hide the sausage with her again. I can't wait for them to both die. I assume they both die because it's GoT.

Wrong.

You have to like them first before they die!

good summary wannabe.

Wrong.

You have to like them first before they die!

True. I guess Brienne is next after the flood of love she just got from the Hound fight then.

Book spoiler

[spoiler] Was really hanging for Lady Stoneheart closing cliffhanger... oh well. Perhaps it is now moved to Season 5, episode 2.... or written out entirely.  Looks like Briene and Bran storylines are going to spoil future books, because they are both pretty much up to what we know. 

Really curious to see what they do for season 5. Could be an absolute snorefest if it follows the books. If people are already bored shitless by Mereen, it's going to get a hella lot worse. [/spoiler]

Book:

[spoiler]Brienne's only finished if they write out LSH entirely, which I can't imagine they would.

I read recently someone supposed the next two books could be done in one TV season because they are so light on action, and then push to their own finish.[/spoiler]

Book:

[spoiler]Brienne's only finished if they write out LSH entirely, which I can't imagine they would.

I read recently someone supposed the next two books could be done in one TV season because they are so light on action, and then push to their own finish.[/spoiler]

Book

[spoiler]It makes a fait bit of sense to have LSH shifted to the next series.  That part of the story is very sparse, slow, and disjointed in the books - Brienne gets very little 'screen' time and LSH gets basically none except for the revel when she has Frey hanged, and then when she meets Brienne later on.  And other than a few references when she's being talked about by other characters rather than being actually on scene herself, that is ALL, even as of the end of book 5.  There's really not very much to hang your hat on there - I expect they'll have to invent some more material just to flesh the plotline out a bit when the show does bring her in.

GRRM really dropped the ball when it comes to pacing, on book 4 especially.  5th was better, but still dragged quite badly in places.  Hope he gets his ■■■■ together for the next one.  [/spoiler]

I suppose they could have saved all the Greyjoy stuff to help fill out next season, plus reintroducing the Brotherhood Without Banners so other things make some and have context.

houses_game_of_thrones_tv_series_house_m

houses_game_of_thrones_tv_series_house_m

Link/pic isn't working? ^^