Game of Thrones TV show mega thread

As somebody who didn't read the books, so has had my whole Game of Thrones world painted for me (rather than using my own imagination), I'm interested to know how many of the book readers pictured Tyrion to look like Verne Troyer?  

I pictured him at least to not have a nose.

Yeh, agree they got lazy there.

Just caught up on the Mountain v Viper episode. The scene that went far and above for me was the one involving Sansa coming down the stairs towards the end says something to the effect 'it's time to go'.

Great characterisation.

You knaw noothing Jon Snaw...

I loved the episode and how it just focused on the one story. Granted it was a big event but I would like to see more of this in future.

I loved the episode and how it just focused on the one story. Granted it was a big event but I would like to see more of this in future.

That's got to be the first episode in the entire series to have focused on just one story. Good to see the CGI budget used wisely

That's got to be the first episode in the entire series to have focused on just one story.

Was there a cliffhanger last week? Can‘t remember  :rolleyes: 

Interested in what the other book readers thought of that. I’m shocked.

Interested in what the other book readers thought of that. I'm shocked.

I'm just thinking about all the ■■■■ they're going to need to fit into next week's episode.

There’s an episode next week??? Makes muuuuuch more sense now

Interested in what the other book readers thought of that. I'm shocked.

TV people change stuff to suit their needs....these days I just watch knowing I know the general background but I'm no longer surprised at any changes from the books.

I actually thought that was the poorest episode 9 of all the four seasons and am now expecting the best episode 10 of all series next week :)

Battle of the Blackwater was done the same. It was also an episode 9.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 

[spoiler]Another one bites the dust[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

Was just ingrid, no big deal. Jon Snow still lives

[/spoiler]

Like Theon Greyjoy and khaleesi? Good god NO!!!!!!!!!

agreed... ■■■■ that ■■■■!

agreed... fark that ****!
One episode might knock their story lines over - especially for Theon.

When I read the books I actually pictured Tyrion as the guy who played Gimli in LOTR (much uglier). In the TV series there's no need to cringe for the whores, or Sansa, etc, he's not grotesque at all.

The battle last night was good, it's been a long time since I've read the books so I can't remember major differences. I thought it was pretty cool when Jon unleashed Longclaw, and it kind of showed that Alisser Thorne wasn't BAD, he was just wrong about a lot of things. And Slynt, what a joke of a man, I hate that pr*ck.

I was a bit confused about what happened at the end too, was Jon just going out unarmed to arrange for the burning of the bodies? It seemed like a massive cliffhanger though so I might have missed some of the significance.

When I read the books I actually pictured Tyrion as the guy who played Gimli in LOTR (much uglier). In the TV series there's no need to cringe for the whores, or Sansa, etc, he's not grotesque at all.

The battle last night was good, it's been a long time since I've read the books so I can't remember major differences. I thought it was pretty cool when Jon unleashed Longclaw, and it kind of showed that Alisser Thorne wasn't BAD, he was just wrong about a lot of things. And Slynt, what a joke of a man, I hate that pr*ck.

I was a bit confused about what happened at the end too, was Jon just going out unarmed to arrange for the burning of the bodies? It seemed like a massive cliffhanger though so I might have missed some of the significance.

[spoiler]didn't he say he was going out to find and kill Mance? [/spoiler]
sound on my tv is **** so I may have misheard it too.

yep, he united them so he is hoping by killing him it will divide them.

Yah. Or meet Mance.

I don't know why he went out unarmed though. He gave the wolf's head sword back because he promised Mormont he wouldn't lose it again. But surely take another sword.

And poor Grenn and Pyp. Obvious battle fodder.

Yah. Or meet Mance.

I don't know why he went out unarmed though. He gave the wolf's head sword back because he promised Mormont he wouldn't lose it again. But surely take another sword.

And poor Grenn and Pyp. Obvious battle fodder.

[Book Spoiler] [spoiler]I believe he goes to treat with Mance and combine forces against the Others...or did I dream it? [/spoiler]