Gameday vs Lions

One thing I will say is it was frustrating seeing Parish playing off of a flank literally all game again.

He attended 2 center bounces from what I counted.
He did manage to work his way into the game which was good.
We need to find a way to have him on the ball more and must get francis back in this team as he will take over the hurley role eventually.

I must say though after criticising the changes this week I have to eat my own words,

Brown was absolutely fantastic, and Clarke was the better of the two ruckman, I still think draper should be brought in because TBC looks injured at the moment and we struggle to win any effective tapouts.

Zach merret was amazing and Im so glad we managed to get Dylan shiel, his kicking needs to improve a little bit but my god he has that Judd burst of Speed from a stoppage.
If myers doesnt play next week I’d like Francis back in and push Parish as a permanent mid which should work because Darcy was playing Half back Flank in the second half.

It really is a shame we lost to the saints, we should be 3-1.
If its another close season those losses can hurt.

2 Likes

it was pretty obvious he was being sarcastic and trolling

1 Like

It was if you followed the whole thread but might not be obvious for the people who read one comment in isolation.

At least it only took until round 2 this year for the coaches to realise that, you know, we should play to our strengths.

1 Like

Scorch is probably a North troll

Have just witnessed one of the all time best individual games of football. Incredible.

Not true, I was watching him for bits of the game. Was playing midfield even if he didn’t attend a bounce. Rarely playing HF.

What’s your point? We protected an 8 goal lead? Pretty ■■■■■■■ good then.

Do you.

i thought he made a significant contribution when he took centre bounces.

Yeah he was pretty good but he wasnt in many.
I counted 2

The game as a contest was over by half time. Lions didn’t give up and came back hard in the third quarter. Essendon held fast and managed to push the score out by another goal at the end. Lions were seen as an up and coming team, and we trounced them. The real Essendon team is still emerging.

7 Likes

Yes spot on

I knew when I saw the ■■■■■■■■ walked out, with the ball held high, that we are going to be raped. He was the reason I got the chance to start the gameday thread…lol

After all these years, isn’t it time our ****** lifted for the day?

1 Like

You would hope so but for some reason we nearly always look flat and lethargic on ANZAC Day whilst they are the opposite. For once it would be nice if we actually turned up