Gardening

OK your the guy then! I have palmetto lawn , its as healthy as F , I usually pitch fork it during the winter, but do I need vertimow this anyway? Or is this only something that uou only do when it looks a bit crook

the #1 reason to verti is to remove thatch. I generally stick away from vertimowing lawns in poor condition as they recover poorly

it’s the best thing you can do for your lawn. it’ll come back even better is it spongey?

1 Like

@westozziebomber how do I stop Dogs digging up new lawn patches?

And is it true only ■■■■■■■ wee kills the grass? and how do you overcome this?

Why did I have in my head the you’re a postie? Did you ever do that?

postiebike rally

1 Like

you’d be better off asking a dog drainer how to stop your dogs digging :sweat_smile:

dog burn spots are a pain. females are worse. change your dog’s diet and take note if it makes any changes. I find that’s the only way

1 Like

images.jpeg-266

3 Likes

Fair answers, also is it better to keep the lawn a tad higher in warmer months or cooler

longer in winter, shorter in summer/spring mate. regular mowing helpsawn health. so does even retic coverage

instead of waffling on, here is a link -
Do you have efficient sprinkler heads? - Water Corporation

even retic coverage is the most important thing you need for a healthy lawn. I recommend lightly fertilising at half application rates every 6 weeks, and in warmer months wetter once a month, depending what it is

1 Like

Sweet

Yeah obviously a different climate in Tas, so far this year turned the bog heap into a lawn, whilst the Border was recovering from a leg op.

Starting to mulch mow now, twice a week, the rains have been perfect, no watering necessary

Yes it is but I just assumed all buffalo lawns end up like that, because they are a thick runner grass and it’s unavoidable. Best time of year to do this?

any time the lawn is actively growing mate - general rule is buffalo likes warmer temps to recover. October to march generally

big day today. kikuyu vertimow and 3500sqm aerate at a school

2 Likes

Front lawn definitely getting somewhere now

9 Likes

Russell Coight! :joy:

good spotting haha

1 Like

What’s ok to do in regards to neighbours plants growing over your fence?

My back neightbour has vines growing onto my side of the fence as they have beans and ■■■■ growing along the back fence. Also have other neighbours trees growing and dropping leaves on my yard. Again spoke to them and they told me tough luck.

Tempted to spray weed killer on them.

I believe that you are legally entitled to chop back anything growing into your property from next door and that you are also allowed to throw the bits you’ve cut off back over the fence.

This approach, however, does not engender cordial relationships with the neighbours.

If they don’t care / won’t co-operate, it leaves you in a difficult position.

1 Like

if you’ve already spoken to them about it, and they are being d*ckheads, get the round-up out

2 Likes

I’ve always just trimmed along the fence line, but disposed of the rubbish myself. No discussions, never had any issue.

If they have a problem, you can just say ”tough luck" back.

Start hacking down anything that is growing over onto your property

1 Like