Gather round 2024 and review

who wants to kick it off

same smell
different year

8 Likes

Coach K, Bilichiek, Saban, Popvich, Pep, Bellyache and the sharpest footballing minds couldn’t do a job at this club.

There is an ingrained loser culture that is the foundation of 21st Century Essendon.

10 Likes

To be fair……at least BZT didn’t kick a goal.

9 Likes

The last time we beat Port was in Round 23 2018 where Goddard had 27 disposals, Smith had 29, and Laverde kicked 3.3

1 Like

Any danger of Ben McKay being able to play alongside Ridley and Reid in the hope of giving him a chop-out back there?

8 Likes

Do better next time

1 Like

Also, worst song in the league.

2 Likes

Just after half time I was having a conversation with Mrs hambo about a house we had recently bid on and missed. Turns out the top bidders have dubious finance and may not come through with the money meaning that it may fall to us. This distracted me from the footy but also from my glass of red wine which I knocked making it rock side to side and spill wine on the table and rug. I then rectified the situation by grabbing from another direction with the other hand. Unfortunately this exaggerated the rocking effect and more wine fell on the floor, my shirt and the couch. I countered with a big catch which didn’t go so well and I smacked the glass into the wall and now have red wine and broken glass absolutely everywhere.
who played it better?
hambo?
Essendon?

64 Likes

Yay Essendon. You are the best.

1 Like

Bin juice.

5 Likes

i hear ya H_D, however due to the requirements that be, no.

Thanks, I hate it.

4 Likes

9 Likes

silver lining is we get to hear ports song

2 Likes

With 19 games left in the season, Brad draws level with Rutten for 60+ point losses.

18 Likes

Entire club is cooked and has been for years.
Not sure anything can save us anytime soon.

4 Likes

One dimensional and slow.

We rely on winning out of the middle and when we don’t do that we are a predictable team with the worst structure in the game. ZERO outside run. ZERO ability to defend the transition. No good talls and no good smalls. A middle sized team with zero pace.

While we are prioritising getting games into cooked players / plodders like Kelly, Lav, Hepp, Setterfield and Goldy (a once great player but why bother seriously?), we are genuinely going nowhere.

Two rucks? Bin it. Risk averse bullshit.

Play some young players. Throw some caution to the wind. Play some ■■■■■■■ outside run. Play Tsatas. Play Roberts. Play Caddy. Play Lual. FARK IT. Better than rotting in that putrid VFL team and at least we might learn something other than … yep … Jake Kelly is still ■■■■.

Don’t let this edge bullshit fool you. WE HAVE GONE BACKWARDS. And every minute with Brad at the helm is a waste.

23 Likes

Same as it ever was…

Our players lack brains and heart

Only highlight was Caldwell crunching that thug Rioli

They won’t even be ashamed about it either

7 Likes