GC Review - Lets never speak of this again

Someone who isn’t Mrs Gil

5 Likes

You cannot read anything into that.

The first half was nearly on par with the GWS game in Round 1 in terms of energy and workrate. We weren’t switched on, Suns could sense that and capitalised. 90% or more of us on here called this all week. Some arrogance at the selection table after a few good wins. Very, very Essendon.

Got the 4 points in the end against a desperate club away from home with half a dozen of our best missing. Oh and the umpires. Enough said really.

We will get talked down as being crap all week and Port will be given every chance of beating us… then watch us rock up at Marvel next week and smack them with several players coming back.

9 Likes

Yer, I wonder. Probably spent most of his day in the umpires room!!

Completely expected.

Nothing about tonight was remotely surprising.

7 Likes

It’s cooked isn’t it.

Let’s add the goal that Zaharakis kicked and take away the goals they got from the ■■■■ holding against Gleeson and the forward entries after Saad was tripped and McGrath’s kick forward was smothered by their blokes foot and went out on the full.

There was also the free they got in the first for high innlur goal square when the bloke rammed forward with his head and should have been ball.

Should have been a much more comfortable win. A five goal win. Which is probably the difference between the two of us when we’re a bit off and they’re on.

6 Likes

That goal umpire with the goatee who said the ball didnt cross the line should be loaded into the cannon and fired at the sun (pun intended).

Also, the umpire who didn’t pay a trip to Saad, allowing OOF to be paid… from which they subsequently scored a goal (when the ball should have been down our end).

Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera…

3 Likes

All I can say is that we tried our hardest to lose the game, especially in the last few mins, and we still couldn’t get the job done of losing it.

How weak are the players?? (sarcastica)

1 Like

We let Gold Coast get to 90 odd points. how ever you assess the game, this is simply not good enough. We were very poor defensively. We should not be letting the worst side in the competition score this easily.

Bad game. We won because of individual brilliance. Not because of game plan or effort.

15 Likes

Another excellent win at the death. We’ll have to be far better if we’re going to win a final this year or dare I say it, a premiership. You simply cannot play like that and get away with it against quality sides.

1 Like

It was closer than a pooftenth.

1 Like

Queensland can go and get farked.

8 Likes

We beat the umpires today

I hope Conor doesn’t have any more brothers.

38 Likes

We can’t win the premiership without Smith and Daniher and probably Fantasia and Hurley and Bellchambers etc etc. But I’m still hopeful we could jag a final (or two), and that would be fabulous leading into next year

1 Like

I think Hartley would have helped us today, but I think Francis and Gleeson were alright as well. Would have liked Franga to mark some of his big punches, could have then launched a forward entry with his kicking instead of a throw in.

5 Likes

We kicked the first goal!

Yeah, imagine the AFL having to deal with both the non goal call and that GC goal near the end from a mark that wasn’t 15m?

2 Likes

Total over reaction on this site!! What happened last week or the week before to GCS means nothing this week. GC had s go and we were not on song. We guts it out. With a terrible non goal and a clear Langford interference in the last 2 mins. And with a losing ruck (hats off to Clarke for having a red hot go) And with Hooker who can’t jump.
I’m happy with the 4 points. Move on… don’t need to burn the joint down.

28 Likes

and the front on contact and I swear that last goal hit the goal post.

1 Like

Poop game.