General AFLW comments and articles

I thought it was quite explicit that its be for 2019 entry.

Besides they’ve done trading and about to go into the draft for aflw no way a team could enter in time for next week.

Money is the biggest priority for the AFL. You are right. Essendon will get a license. Dead cert.

No - don’t give a stuff about this comp.

2 Likes

Yep, do care about this comp.

2 Likes

Think it’s great that women can play and earn some decent coin but personally I can’t see myself ever watching/attending. I do hope we get a side though

1 Like

10/10 quality bump.

3 Likes

Good on the women for having a go, but local footy would be better to watch.

I suspect that will stop being true in a handful of years, once the AFLW stops being populated by athletes who used to play soccer or something and only started playing footy a year ago, and starts seeing an influx of players who went through an actual development pathway and have a few years experience in the game.

And I reckon a 9yo female footy fan would most likely disagree with you regardless. And she probably represents the AFLWs target audience much more than you or I do.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Surprise surprise.

“Look we still need to work on how we go about concocting some unbelievable tripe and then continue to do what ever the hell we want and youse can all nick off thanks”

1 Like

“This date that has been set for months snuck up on us. We did not know it was going to arrive so quickly. We have not had sufficient time to determine which clubs will be chosen as the expansion clubs. Mainly because we have made so many backroom promises and cannot decide which ones are worth something to us to keep.”

4 Likes

‘And all the married male executives that were going to make the decision about how best to advance the women’s game have resigned after getting caught having affairs with much younger female subordinates’

10 Likes

“Things are pretty quiet at the moment, we’ll wait for the next sex scandal or for when Gil does something stupid again to show he is out of his depth, then we will announce it”

1 Like

“Look, we hit our objectives of making a big splash when we launched AFLW, and we’ve not subsequently given it much thought. You must also bear in mind that this was Simon Lethlean’s vision and his redeployment was a significant setback for the AFLW competition expansion. Gil is far too busy to concern himself with the minutae of daily decisions.
For now, we’ve been focusing on making money and doing whatever the hell we… errr…doing what’s best for the fans.
We need more time to determine which of the submissions will make us the most… err… are the best synergistic fit with the splash we’ve previously made”.

3 Likes

“We have NFI what we are doing and Liz has been too busy to come up with a feeble excuse to cover our arses.”

The more D Pearce the better.

None of you really think we’re getting a team do you?

Our club just made $4 million in a year.
We make money
The AFL likes money

2 Likes

Money? Sure. I’ll bet you however much money you want that we don’t get a team in this round of applications.