General AFLW comments and articles

Ha! I should have read this reply before I replied the exact same thing. As a 34 year old, I love the old bash and crash football as much as i love the skilled ‘zone’ football the AFL/VFL men now play.

1 Like

Don’t know what your local league is like but none of those AFLW sides would get within 15 goals of anyone in our local comp. Even the country comp my son has gone to know would beat them and they are a pretty average comp

2 Likes

Il watch tonight with interest. Looks like a decent crowd

2 Likes

I’m tuned in. Barracking for the women.

3 Likes

Fark Carlton

6 Likes

Carlton vs Collingwood? The only good result would be a fire

2 Likes

You couldn’t voluntarily watch this, maybe out of curiosity or if Essendon was playing you’d go out of obligation to support.

Fantastic for women though and the game just not yet for me from an entertaining perspective.

Wait… is the AFL introducing two different last-touch-out rules at the same time?

Plus they remove time-on for stoppages (and for knocking it out of bounds) in the version of the game with zillions of such events. That’s gonna get abused by teams who get in front.

And they wonder why they don’t get taken seriously. At least it’s obvious why they don’t publish the actual rules any more.

1 Like

The Brisbane AFLW side rocked up while we were at the airport today. Looked a very young side and even my wife commented on how tiny they were. What is the minimum age limit for AFLW?

Collingwood seem to need some clean hands in the team. Fumbles aplenty.

Lack of composure I reckon. They’ll get better.

1 Like

#1stGameBack :grin:

1 Like

Carlton look far better, they will win

1 Like

Oh completely agree - frenetic energy and nerves.

Hopefully the second preseason means the women don’t tire during the season as much as last year.

Team A are up and about (The Blue Team) :smirk:

Number 19 for FkCarlton is going to be ripper.

Getting a bit nasty …

How’s the kick. Ya can’t be doing that

Reported: kicked in the… between the legs.

2 Likes

In relation to women’s sport. Saw some Handball on bein a while ago was pretty entertaining.