General World News

Not always it seems.

Anglin is arguably the most prominent amd influential open neo-Nazi in the English-speaking world.

1 Like

mmmm… there you go.

Musk pursuing a controversy driven publicity strategy to get traffic to Twitter

gonna be a helluva town square

1 Like

It’s a normal world

Musk is digging himself a big hole here by publicly making Twitter a right wing partisan operation. Releasing private data is going to shred credibility. PMs aren’t encrypted, so Twitter can search and read any and all. This stuff is likely to end up with a massive legal hammer from the EU and substantial investigation by US Congress.

1 Like

He’s been banning “antifa” accounts at the public behest of grifters like Andy Ngo.

The EU is not taking privacy lightly these days, I’m hopeful for some pushback

2 Likes

he came in like a CHOPPING BOARD

imagine trying to be a moral arbiter when your money came from the apartheid regime

1 Like

To be fair, twitter has been full of ■■■■ for years. There may have been a policy against it, but actually enforcing that policy is another matter. Given Musk casually sacked all the moderation staff except one guy he calls up when he wants to unban a Nazi, this is probably just an acceptance of inevitable reality.

2 Likes

Might have to fire up my twitter account…

1 Like

Infamously Ted Cruz’s official account liked a ■■■■ link on Twitter a few years back.

Staggering…

It’s not actually much of a change. The way it’s being reported is rather sensational, what a surprise.

The reporting implies all sorts of things like tourists that are not married will be jailed. I think the law is stupid but the fact is that acts of sex outside marriage need to be reported by family members that are personally affected by it. So a likely scenario is devout religious parents don’t like boy about town Abdul screwing their daughter. If a family were to approve of Abdul then there would be no reporting and no crime.

But yeah, it’s pretty backwards stuff.

2 Likes

Twitter has had adult content for years - Many posts have a warning sign stating Adult content or similar if you click I think the advertisers are leaving because they don’t like Musk, because they stayed on board while parts of Twitter were and are a cesspit. Reckon, Stokes should stick to cycling.

On my first ever visit to Bali in 1974, my GF and I had to register as a married couple at our Kuta Beach hotel as it was illegal otherwise. GF was most unhappy, but we did as told.

I thought there were still a couple of States in America that prohibit cohabitation.
Also unmarried partners can be denied access to some State or local services.
A few years ago friends of mine with a child got married to enable them to access services when transferred to Chicago for work, including for schooling.

1 Like

Do you include that one on your marriage tally?

2 Likes

She sadly became Mrs Fox the First; colour code BLACK

Yeah, nah. Twitter has spent almost a decade and a half gaining credibility and the trust of advertisers despite it being a cesspit, only to have Musk completely undermine this relationship with said advertisers because of ridiculous crap like the blue check fiasco.

Combine this with the resignation of executives in charge of Regulatory Compliance, Privacy and Information Security (to name only a few) and the fact Twitter has very likely violated it’s FTC consent decree (for the second time) which is likely going to cost it billions of dollars in fines - it’s no wonder advertisers are pulling hundreds of millions of dollars out of the platform.

It’s not because they “don’t like Musk”. It’s not even close to that at all.

5 Likes