General World News

Didn’t seem a natural location for this. Seems interesting, and sad.

Amid suspicions of fraud, protests broke out across the country, and the international community turned to the Organization of American States, which had been invited to observe the elections, for its assessment.

The organization’s statement, which cited “an inexplicable change” that “drastically modifies the fate of the election,” heightened doubts about the fairness of the vote and fueled a chain of events that changed the South American nation’s history. The opposition seized on the claim to escalate protests, gather international support, and push Mr. Morales from power with military support weeks later.

Now, a study by independent researchers, using data obtained by The New York Times from the Bolivian electoral authorities, has found that the Organization of American States’ statistical analysis was itself flawed.

Not clear cut that there wasn’t fraud, or who did it (likely there was some), but pretty concerning there have been and are no new elections planned.

I gave @FromOutside50 a bit of snark in the other thread for backing Bernie and Sweden. On Bolivia I think he called it 100% correct from the start. So credit where it’s due.

1 Like

In other groundbreaking news.

The Sex Pistols rocker has been attacked by the small parasitic bugs, which have left itchy bites all over his body, including his nether regions.

6 Likes

4 Likes

You had me confused for a bit, then I found a reference to it.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-25/mysterious-shiny-monolith-found-in-utah-desert/12918564

You had me confused for a bit, then I found a working link to it :innocent:

The reporting is a bit suss: I don’t think those guys on average are anywhere near 2.3m tall.

1 Like

Couldn’t see a general international politics thread so I thought this is the closest to it

Can’t see this in other threads, so guess it belongs here. Reckon structural engineers are going to find themselves fairly busy doing inspections on similar buildings/sites in the next little while.

Do they have any clue what might have caused this?

Too early to say, but apparently was identified to have been sinking very slowly more than a decade ago.

If you can trust the source:

1 Like

It was the CIA. Apparently the apartment housed one of the scientists who developed the radio transmitters for Bill Gates’ COVID vaccine, and who was also a friend of Epstein.

Thought I’d get in early.

1 Like

Wow that’s full on. Not much hope for the 99 missing.

1 Like

hahaha! Very good.

You wouldn’t think so.

Small mercy it didn’t happen in the middle of the night,… likely would have been thousands.

Apparently a group of Aussies are missing and were in the building at the time.

It was in the middle of the night. Started about 1:30am