Pell and other allegations

What has that got to do with anything?
You’re an idiot.

You’re saying not to pass judgement on Pell which is fair enough given it hasn’t gone to trial. But then you can’t pass judgment on the accusers either. Let it go through the justice system.

4 Likes

I have heard directly from many victims of abuse from Catholic clergy in the Ballarat region. Some have been OK and moved on with life, but sadly others have not functioned normally for years and others have taken their own life.

Pell was involved with two of the stories I heard, both times directly. None of these victims mentioned anything about parents and other punishing them for lying, but many others did. There are 143 reported cases of sexual abuse in Ballarat, and hundreds more who didn’t report for their own reasons.

The Roman Catholic Church and its eduction system has always been big on punishment for any behaviours seen to be bad. Thousands of children in Melbourne were regularly beaten at churches and in schools, and at home, mostly before the 1980’s, but it did extend at some places later than that.

The irony is that the clergy does wrong and their punishment is to be moved away to a better location, and probably had to say ten Hail Marys !

Pell has the best defence team money can buy, and they already have belittled, abused and harassed victims both in court and out of court. Pell does deserve presumption of innocence and if I was on the jury, I would approach it with an open mind. Though it would be highly unlikely that I would ever pass a jury selection as my name and demographic would exclude me, as it would be likely that I had suffered in some way from people like Pell.

OK. So your opinion of Pell personally is based on what you’ve heard about his involvement in two cases. Neither of which involved him actually abusing anyone.

Thank you.

The nature of Pell’s direct involvement was not specified by B’fox.

If Bacchus thinks my summary is incorrect, no doubt he’ll tell me.

I consider buggering a child as abuse. I am not sure what your standards, as a lawyer they would be very low.

1 Like

So did you go to the police when you were made aware of these allegations?
Have you approached the DPP with any of this ‘evidence’?

You are an idiot who has no understanding of what victims of sexual abuse go through.

Most of these victims are too farking scared to leave home, and could never submit to a police interview, let alone the rigours of a court attendance.

That is why most of these creatures get away with their crimes. And it is why many of us are so angry.

2 Likes

That’s got nothing to do with it. You should have reported it to the police if it was that serious.
And pray tell, why is everyone confessing everything to you?

Bacchus is actually an unfrocked Catholic priest, but is quite dismissive of the sanctity of the confessional.

1 Like

Part of a support group and in any case police are only interested in victim statements.

And in fact the group is about doing what is best for each individual, and it is not forcing them to the police.

You need a victim statement.

I haven’t read a post in this thread, but seeing this constantly up the top of blitz, just seeing this c*nts name makes me feel uneasy

1 Like

E12 already knows this, I told him (andrew Bolt, is it?) months ago so he’s choosing to continually troll this thread.

Haven’t you been constantly critical that the Church covered things up yet you yourself admit that nothing can be done without a victim statement.

If only you applied these same principles to others.

You really are an absolutely unbelievable piece of sh/t.

6 Likes

Your abuse doesn’t work on me I’m afraid.

On what Pell knew about abuse in Ballarat, I recall him saying there were rumours. He grew up in Ballarat, went to St Pat’s , which has subsequently apologised for sexual abuse of students and by old boys subsequently ordained.