Global Warming Thread

Good to know that’s over with

It was just a lot of hot air if you ask me.

■■■■■■ oath. Now we can move onto more important things, like drowning ■■■■■■' refos, and supporting beach volleyball!

Good to know that's over with

Gina Rinehart approved

We should discuss pollution and population control. And why the human population thinks it can live forever.  Ultimately, we are part of a massive chemistry reaction and our part will come and go.

Anyone watching Supersized Earth on ABC? Just started last week, I think.

David Suzuki on QA on Monday.

Tin%20Man.jpg

We should discuss pollution and population control. And why the human population thinks it can live forever.  Ultimately, we are part of a massive chemistry reaction and our part will come and go.

Every species on Earth suffers a population crash at some point. Ours will happen. 

Supersized Earth is awesome but kinda scary

Every species on Earth suffers a population crash at some point. Ours will happen. 

Missed it. Is it on iview?

Abc ran a story last week about science coming out with what they say is proof man is speeding up the climate shift, the next day Fox ran a story saying that climate change was proved a myth

yep - http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/series/12838

Abc ran a story last week about science coming out with what they say is proof man is speeding up the climate shift, the next day Fox ran a story saying that climate change was proved a myth

And Fox is the beacon of impartiality.

TBH, I have given up on having this debate with others. I believe it is real, if people want to say it isn't then so be it. It becomes tiresome trying to get them to think you are right when they are trying to do the same to me.

Ill do my bit and hopefully that counteracts one idiot who won't do his bit, so it becomes null.

yep - http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/series/12838

Tony Abbott to slash ABC funding.

Ok so apparently it’s is still happening despite what my local mp tells me, and some bloke called Dr David Suzuki is going to be on q and a tonight talking all about it, I suggest people do watch than remain with their heads firmly up their proverbial

I know i started this thread in the wrong forum, but should this be in the news room?

I know i started this thread in the wrong forum, but should this be in the news room?

Hang on, I'll get the magic carpet.

when it comes to humans and global warming i think Bad Religion summed it up best punk rock style

"Modern Man" Bad Religion

i've got nothing to say,
i've got nothing to do,
all om my neruons are
functioning smoothly
yet still i'm a cyborg just like you,
i am one big myoma that thinks,
my planet supports only me,
i've got this one big problem: will i live forever?
i've got just a short time you see,
modern man, evelotionary betrayer,
modern man, ecosystem destroyer,
modern man, destroy yourself in shame,
modern man, pathetic example of earth's organic heritage,
when i look back and think,
when i ponder and ask "why?",
i see my ancestors spend with careless abandon,
assuming eternal supply, modern man...,
just a sample of carbon-based wastage,
just a ■■■■■■■ tragic epic of you and i

4868591.jpgvergleich_mccarthy_glacier_f.jpgAg_Upsala_Glacier.jpgmelting_glacier.jpg

Pretty impressive work from Tim Flannery and co.

Nice to know there's still a bunch of Australians that care.

IPCC report has been handed down

we’re farked