Glory and Fame - Celebrating The 1984 & 1985 Premierships - Friday 10 April

I will tell you guys how it goes tonight. Looking forward to lots of laughs, nice food and plenty of grog.
Vander is about the same age as me. I wonder does he still like the odd beer or two !

Quoted Post

There has never been a finer last quarter than the gf in 1984. Came from behind to beat the hawks and win a flag after 19 years. Baker, Vander, Roger, Merve, Timmy, Madden .... sigh .... 'A great day in the history of the Essendon Football Club' to quote Glen Hawker. I was there.

Me too! Standing on the seats behind the goals, screaming my head off, quite pregnant with son number two, who always claims to have been there.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
There has never been a finer last quarter than the gf in 1984. Came from behind to beat the hawks and win a flag after 19 years. Baker, Vander, Roger, Merve, Timmy, Madden .... sigh .... 'A great day in the history of the Essendon Football Club' to quote Glen Hawker. I was there.

Me too! Standing on the seats behind the goals, screaming my head off, quite pregnant with son number two, who always claims to have been there.

Me too. You people are old …

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Old! I was there in '62!

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Old! I was there in '62!

Rofl. I was still in primary school for that one

have fun to anyone who’s going.
And please take plently of pictures that you are willing to put up on here :).

I to am in the Leon Baker fan club, I only really have the gf’s to go by, but still amzing story to see and read in that article.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Old! I was there in '62!

Me too!

Get a room…

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Old! I was there in '62!

Jesus, my old man was barely in primary school

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Old! I was there in '62!

Jesus, my old man was barely in primary school

Mine was years off being born!

Have a ripping night guys and girls keep us posted

Quoted Post

I was at the 84 and 85 grand finals.....sitting in the cheer squad......both amazing victories.....last quarter of 84 was surreal.....loudest I've ever heard the crowd was that last quarter in 84.....people were crying and jumping uncontrollably
I was sitting in the cheer squad in 85 to. Ouzo and coke probably wasn't ideal for a 13 year old....

1984 VFL Grand Final- September 29, 1984- Final Quarter: https://youtu.be/k545EU5f5Rc

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
I was at the 84 and 85 grand finals.....sitting in the cheer squad......both amazing victories.....last quarter of 84 was surreal.....loudest I've ever heard the crowd was that last quarter in 84.....people were crying and jumping uncontrollably
I was sitting in the cheer squad in 85 to. Ouzo and coke probably wasn't ideal for a 13 year old....

■■■■ no!

Vodka & passionfruit UDL’s for the young’ns.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Old! I was there in '62!

I think I was in primary school for that one, but I’m not sure.

Seven just reporting Bomber did not turn up. Thats both sad… & stupid.

Quoted Post

Seven just reporting Bomber did not turn up. Thats both sad.. & stupid.
This upsets me

Yeah.

C7 should shut up.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Seven just reporting Bomber did not turn up. Thats both sad.. & stupid.
This upsets me

Shouldn’t upset you. If he wants to cut off his nose to spite his face it’s his business. I can understand wanting revenge but this all seems a bit petty.

Who’s the trainer who gives R Dipierdomenico and D Brereton heaps after Dipper irons out P Walsh?

If he’s there tonight, shout him one for me.

K Walsh.