Go to meal when the other half is away?

I admit I cannot cook a half decent meal to save myself. I can do a Parma, steak and sauteed mushroom are about as close to fancy as I get.

Hence when the missus is out or sick and not hungry, out comes the Indian Menu or Thai

Starvation is my usual answer.

Menulog.

Most likely pizza, although I will look at a healthy option before I order pizza.

I always look at a healthy option too

Key word look

Packet of crispy mms and a bottle of cheap vodka

Are you a rich white woman?

Steak, eggs and chips washed down by several beers.

Spaghetti Carbonara - missus hates creamy sauces.

Spaghetti, Bacon/Prosciutto, Spring Onions, Cream, Parmesan Cheese, smattering of chilli flakes, tiny dash of vinegar, one whisked egg yolk.
20 minutes to throw together. Piece of p1ss really…

I’m the cook in the household - always have been, throughout several marriages, and always will be.
So, if the other half were ‘out’, nothing would really change for me.
However - if I were out, she would undoubtedly steam veggies and pile them on rice or something.

Packet of crispy mms and a bottle of cheap vodka

Are you a rich white woman?

bottle of belvedere and biscotti.

Spaghetti, Bacon/Prosciutto, Spring Onions, Cream, Parmesan Cheese, smattering of chilli flakes, tiny dash of vinegar, one whisked egg yolk.

Sounds great but anyone who is cooking in this scenario is 100% doing it wrong

waiting on an italian to lose their ■■■■ over use of cream.

■■■ mate, carbonara doesn’t have cream :stuck_out_tongue:

Really craving Carbonara right now. I can smell it.

It’s my go-to meal and in my house it does… B)

It’s my go-to meal and in my house it does… B)

Yeah, but you can’t call it carbonara then. B)

nah but serious, a snack pack from a kebab shop.

Wife’s a vege so I’ll go straight for a meat lovers pizza with BBQ sauce. Throw an extra slab of bacon on it for good measure.

There are plenty of fresh meals you can do in under 10 mintues

Mum’s for just about anything really.

My wife is going away for 2weeks she has just bought 5 bottles of red wine. She drinks white wine .whats going on?

2 minute noodles. Usually Beef. If I"m feeling gourmet and fancy then perhaps curry.

If I don’t feel like going to those kinds of ridiculous lengths - dishes, having to boil water etc but I’m still feeling like a gourmet masterchef then I might hunt down a pack of Savoy’s and put some cheese on them.