Goddard on Gameday

Aside from anything: they had (still got) a few guys already who are decent marking almost-key talls.

Stringer 192cm, Macrae 188cm, Jarryd Grant 194cm & 71kg, Murphy's been used there plenty before 187cm. And they also use Dickson & Gia as marking players like we used Monfries.

Why they thought they needed another is beyond me - all would be good as 3rd or 4th marking options but will likely struggle when given the really good defenders.

Still only really got Bolt's mate Liam Jones as a genuine tall forward and he is not confidence inspiring - might slot in as a #2 down the track, good hands & he does present.

Badly need to recruit in that area.

my bro is a dogs man and shares your views on the crameri recruitment. I think had he been around 20 years ago as a lead out of the square full forward in the dunstall mode he would have been an absolute menace.

Yeah would've been better then, no doubt. But those guys were highly reliant on kicking 3.1 every week - contribute 1.3, different story.

Aside from anything: they had (still got) a few guys already who are decent marking almost-key talls.

Stringer 192cm, Macrae 188cm, Jarryd Grant 194cm & 71kg, Murphy's been used there plenty before 187cm. And they also use Dickson & Gia as marking players like we used Monfries.

Why they thought they needed another is beyond me - all would be good as 3rd or 4th marking options but will likely struggle when given the really good defenders.

Still only really got Bolt's mate Liam Jones as a genuine tall forward and he is not confidence inspiring - might slot in as a #2 down the track, good hands & he does present.

Sounds more like they have recruited badly in that area.

Stringer - Crameri will stifle his progress, will eventually be a gun but not key position height.

Macrae- hb flank/mid....reminds me of Nigel Lappin, could be anything

Murpy- too important down back to move forward

Dickson- really good player, can kick goals out of nowhere like crammers, looks like he has his spot............would love Dickson at Essendon

Gia- done

Liam Jones-  invested heavily but is a spud

as for the chase it happened right in front of me on the bulldogs members wing, not sure who he was after because I couldnt take my eyes off Crammers head bobbing up and down, farkin pathetically hilarious when the Bulldogs pride themselves on their defensive pressure, he was running half pace and blowing like a 5k a night call girl then he gave up and dropped to his haunches for 20 seconds, after that he dragged his ■■■■ all the way over to the other side of the field to sit on the pine.

you were referring to another chase where he magically found some energy, may have got a rev up from the Macca.

Dogs in desperate need of a big forward and Crammers is not it, not winning too many people over atm down there.

Was also at the game and he certainly had little impact.
Have no idea what his current fitness level is but looked to be “carrying a little more condition” than I recall. Perhaps it’s just that the new colours are a little less flattering.

I love Stringer.

Hope we can poach him when his next contract is due.

I love Stringer.

Would be a great pick up, will take a first rounder but.

as for the chase it happened right in front of me on the bulldogs members wing, not sure who he was after because I couldnt take my eyes off Crammers head bobbing up and down, farkin pathetically hilarious when the Bulldogs pride themselves on their defensive pressure, he was running half pace and blowing like a 5k a night call girl then he gave up and dropped to his haunches for 20 seconds, after that he dragged his ■■■■ all the way over to the other side of the field to sit on the pine.

you were referring to another chase where he magically found some energy, may have got a rev up from the Macca.

Dogs in desperate need of a big forward and Crammers is not it, not winning too many people over atm down there.

Have no idea what his current fitness level is but looked to be "carrying a little more condition" than I recall. Perhaps it's just that the new colours are a little less flattering.

He has gone backwards in terms of his fitness. When he first came to Essendon to train he was put in the same running group as Gumby who had run a phenomenal beep test of 15.2. Stewie was able to keep up with him. ln terms of his running ability he has never been quite the same player since the Merrett tackle that injured him. 

I love Stringer.

I have a question mark over Stringer. Is obviously lacking endurance but his agility is shocking and his speed over 5m. He can be a good player but it will have to be as an inside mid.  

Have no idea what his current fitness level is but looked to be "carrying a little more condition" than I recall. Perhaps it's just that the new colours are a little less flattering.

He has gone backwards in terms of his fitness. When he first came to Essendon to train he was put in the same running group as Gumby who had run a phenomenal beep test of 15.2. Stewie was able to keep up with him. ln terms of his running ability he has never been quite the same player since the Merrett tackle that injured him. 

Gumby could run on the athletics track but never transferred this onto the footy oval. Never saw Gumby burn off a player in the third or fourth quarters.

Gumby could run on the athletics track but never transferred this onto the footy oval. Never saw Gumby burn off a player in the third or fourth quarters.

classic yaco

What about that numpty Stevens claiming on the basis of last nights ridiculous poll on Ch.7 that 80% of Bomber fans didn't want JH back.
It's 80% of the idiots that answered the poll across all supporters you PID.

Funny thing is he provided no evidence that that particular poll had voting restrictions so only Essendon fans voted last night. Also from memory the club has more members than the amount who voted in the damn poll.
Channel 7 are clearly pushing the Bomber vs. Hird storyline.

Dude, this ain't the Lancet or the Britiah Journal of medicine, let alone the British journal of Sports Science. It's just a rubbish show.
And that Stevens bloke reminds me of beaker from the muppets, just with a fake tan.

He's a clown.  He had a crack at Louise MIlligan on Twitter about her ABC story being one sided and how she didn't bother representing the AFL's side of the story.  She fired straight back and said that not only did it have Demetriou and Fitzpatrick in it, but she also invited Demtriou on with a list of questions she planned to ask and he declined, so there's not a lot she could do about that.

His response was something like "Still feel you needed to represent both sides" or some plonk like that.  He's a massive flog, equal plain as Ralphy.

Back to Goddard, he's so cool in the media.  Just gets on with it, you can almost tell he wants to tell the stupid questions to nick off but he jsut gives nothing and answers beautifully.

mark stevens is my favourite. he's dumb enough to lack any concept of morals which is in keeping with the pack. He lacks the rat cunning of the rest of them. It makes for such a stunning conversation that even McAveney instantly points out why Steven's reading of events is massively flawed. Aside from the actual football he's the best bit of the 7 broad cast. When he "breaks news" and then gives his opinion of what it means and the entire commentary panel immediately say, "no that's wrong, your way off base, that's not how I see it all, you interpretation shows no basic understanding of human beings, but thanks for breaking the story." Then his on camera questions interviewing the coaches where the coach is analysing the game, having a joke and then Stevens says "does something mundane that i witnessed mean something ridiculous that fits n agenda i want it to?" and the coach gets a slightly repulsed WTF look in their eyes and immediately says "No, that doesn't make any sense." and then goes back to the regular interview.

He's awesome to watch.

classic yaco

Give me examples of Gumby running his opponent to exhaustion. I may have missed it !

Back to Goddard …

I must admit I wasn’t a big fan in his St Kilda days. My impression, rightly or wrongly, was he was a good player but could bring the team down with his negative body language when things weren’t going his way. Maybe this was moreso in the latter years (I wasn’t paying that much attention) when the team was in decline and he was frustrated.

Was happy he was brought over based on the “winning him” factor and faith in Hirdy’s clear endorsement. Amen for faith!

He has been awesome and contributed SO much to the team, the leadership group and the club. I think he’s proved to Bomber fans that he’s a superstar, plain and simple, and has proven to the football world he’s a player who can transition to another team and make it.

Lastly … I haven’t even got to the best part, his kicking. Goddard has to be the most precise and consistent kick in the league. It’s so nice to see a guy running around in red and black whose kicking is as good as you’ll see.

Back to Goddard ........
I must admit I wasn't a big fan in his St Kilda days. My impression, rightly or wrongly, was he was a good player but could bring the team down with his negative body language when things weren't going his way. Maybe this was moreso in the latter years (I wasn't paying that much attention) when the team was in decline and he was frustrated.
Was happy he was brought over based on the "winning him" factor and faith in Hirdy's clear endorsement. Amen for faith!
He has been awesome and contributed SO much to the team, the leadership group and the club. I think he's proved to Bomber fans that he's a superstar, plain and simple, and has proven to the football world he's a player who can transition to another team and make it.
Lastly ... I haven't even got to the best part, his kicking. Goddard has to be the most precise and consistent kick in the league. It's so nice to see a guy running around in red and black whose kicking is as good as you'll see.

St Kilda's run by the players though. Ask something of your team-mates which they don't want to do = you're a ■■■■ bloke, laters.

Loved their slogan the year after he left - so the year before they traded McEvoy for a packet of peanuts and sacked their coach. LOYALTY UNITES US.

LOLZ.

just want peoples thoughts.... Goddard back or forward?

i know he can do both when required but i say forward and hope to see him there more this season.

Back to Goddard ........
I must admit I wasn't a big fan in his St Kilda days. My impression, rightly or wrongly, was he was a good player but could bring the team down with his negative body language when things weren't going his way. Maybe this was moreso in the latter years (I wasn't paying that much attention) when the team was in decline and he was frustrated.
Was happy he was brought over based on the "winning him" factor and faith in Hirdy's clear endorsement. Amen for faith!
He has been awesome and contributed SO much to the team, the leadership group and the club. I think he's proved to Bomber fans that he's a superstar, plain and simple, and has proven to the football world he's a player who can transition to another team and make it.
Lastly ... I haven't even got to the best part, his kicking. Goddard has to be the most precise and consistent kick in the league. It's so nice to see a guy running around in red and black whose kicking is as good as you'll see.

Good point on the kicking.  I don't think it was a coincidence in targeting them that both Goddard & Chapman are elite kicks.

i know he can do both when required but i say forward and hope to see him there more this season.

Midfield.

What about that numpty Stevens claiming on the basis of last nights ridiculous poll on Ch.7 that 80% of Bomber fans didn't want JH back.
It's 80% of the idiots that answered the poll across all supporters you PID.

Funny thing is he provided no evidence that that particular poll had voting restrictions so only Essendon fans voted last night. Also from memory the club has more members than the amount who voted in the damn poll.
Channel 7 are clearly pushing the Bomber vs. Hird storyline.

Dude, this ain't the Lancet or the Britiah Journal of medicine, let alone the British journal of Sports Science. It's just a rubbish show.
And that Stevens bloke reminds me of beaker from the muppets, just with a fake tan.
He's a clown.  He had a crack at Louise MIlligan on Twitter about her ABC story being one sided and how she didn't bother representing the AFL's side of the story.  She fired straight back and said that not only did it have Demetriou and Fitzpatrick in it, but she also invited Demtriou on with a list of questions she planned to ask and he declined, so there's not a lot she could do about that.

His response was something like "Still feel you needed to represent both sides" or some plonk like that.  He's a massive flog, equal plain as Ralphy.

Back to Goddard, he's so cool in the media.  Just gets on with it, you can almost tell he wants to tell the stupid questions to nick off but he jsut gives nothing and answers beautifully.

A bit off topic but I covered the Australian fraud league logo on my Essendon Guernsey with blue masking tape at the game on Friday night. I deregistered them :-):-):-P

I do the same.

I don't think we are supposed to mount campaigns on this forum, so I will just say I think it's a very good idea!

Midfield and pushing to around the forward 50 arc where he's either kicking it to a forward or kicking a goal.

Have Heppell to the same but in the back 50 arc kicking out of defence.

Midfield and pushing to around the forward 50 arc where he's either kicking it to a forward or kicking a goal.

Have Heppell to the same but in the back 50 arc kicking out of defence.

Agree with this, l like to think his kicking is worth a goal or few, directly or otherwise. His disposal by foot is such a weapon that we should be getting maximum value from it with some scoreboard pressure.