Gold Coast away first round 2016

Meh. I think the bus setup works fine. But if that's not how you're used to going to and getting back from the footy you're free to hate it.

Parking near the Gabba has sucked forever too.

That’s exactly it. I’m used to driving in, parking in my favourite spot, driving home. Both at the G and Etihad. And when I do take public transport, it feels a lot easier.

But I love playing up there and spending a fortnight at burleigh heads.

Tiger has return flights for $220.

And given that Riolio and Ben are putting us all up accommodation’s free.

…2 hours up the road.

Don't think I can take going back to that pissant country town.

What the…? Please, DJ, I live in the country and it is 1/2 an hour drive to the nearest “country town”. When I walk down the street in my country town, I see old farmers and their wives, people who still say “G’day” and look you in the eye. Every ute has a dog or two on the back and the cattle trucks still go down the main street.

The Gold Coast is just a collection of “city-wannabes”, there is nothing country about it. Walk down the street on the GC and you will see the flotsam and jetsam of young sun worshippers that pass their way through and the leather-tanned senior citizens dying to escape from the colder southern climes. No one will look you in the eye and don’t try and say G’day to someone on the street. Although I did notice that every ute did have a dog in it, they just sit in the front seat down there, and whilst I didn’t see any cattle trucks go down the main street, someone mentioned that there was a lot of meat in the local bars and nightclubs. Is this where they take all our cows?

OK, maybe I used a little bit of /sarcastica font. :slight_smile:

You didn’t read the Game Day thread for Gold Coast this year, did you?

Let me re-phrase, then: Gold Coast wish they could get up to the level of basic competency for a country town.

Just booked flights, was half price to fly to Brisbane instead and rent a car.

Coolangatta is one of the shittest airports.

Have you flown to Broome?

Try flying from Mexico to Costa Rica

Rd1 crowd 2.5k, the rest will be at the beach.

Meh. I think the bus setup works fine. But if that's not how you're used to going to and getting back from the footy you're free to hate it.

That’s exactly it. I’m used to driving in, parking in my favourite spot, driving home. Both at the G and Etihad. And when I do take public transport, it feels a lot easier.

…2 hours up the road.

es bueno
Someone tell Demps to cover his tatts on the way from the airport.
Actually sucks for Demps he will miss this one, it's the one game his WHOLE family get to see him play

…2 hours up the road.

You’re gonna get flooded.

Too soon?

Someone tell Demps to cover his tatts on the way from the airport.
Actually sucks for Demps he will miss this one, it's the one game his WHOLE family get to see him play

Has he still got 1 or 2 weeks hanging over his head

Still got 3 weeks to go

read that we only play entire top 8 once except for richmond twice. Good news. Surely that means sydney adelaide west coast and freo two of them are in melbourne.

Pro tip: Buy a Tesla Model S, drive there for free* from Melbourne or Sydney

*excl. $90,000+ cost of car.

and the fact that the charging stations aren’t finished yet.

And electricity cost money

Using the charging stations is free

even our local shopping centre has charging bays now.

I reckon Woosha will have us sizzling for this one.

Will it be 35 degrees and 90% humidity?

More like 28 and 100% humidity.

And with no Bennel, who, when shunted, was 22 & 100% stupidity. (badump tish!)

And over to the left you can see Harley benell approaching bringing with him unseasonal chills, caused as a result of heavy snow fall over northern tasmania during the week.

looks like I’ll be heading up too :smiley:

If my boss approves my leave request, I’ll book everything this arvo!

read that we only play entire top 8 once except for richmond twice. Good news. Surely that means sydney adelaide west coast and freo two of them are in melbourne.

hahaha

Looks like I’ll be missing the game now, sink can give you this tip.

If you go early, park at the golf course for 10-20 bucks.

Other than that it is a ■■■■ fight.

Syncing my Australia trip in perfectly for this match. I haven’t seen a live game for a while, we better win!
I don’t think the wife will want me fly to Melbourne for Rnd 2, but I can try